Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I got accepted into the local 103 IBEW electrical union school. Because I will be working on job sites, mainly commerical (and in Boston), I decided that a truck would better suit my needs. This means the Taurus needs to go (I'll still be around TCCA though :D ), but I have no clue what to price it at, or work my way to as trade in value. (I will sell it here though if theres enough interest expressed in it). Whats everyone think is a good price?

So, heres the specs:

2000 Ford Taurus, LX
Harvest Gold Clearcoat Metallic
70,000 miles on it
3.0 Vulcan

The Good:
Never been in any accidents that were reported
Serviced every 3k miles with Motorcraft filter, and Valvoline full synthetic SynPower oil
All filters done recently (Air, Cabin, Fuel)
Tranny flush less than 10k ago
Coolant system flushed multiple times
New heater core just done at the beginning of winter
Spark plugs just done
Break pads all done
Optima YellowTop battery put in (250$ battery)

The Bad:
Will need two new tires, but they arent bald. Probably 25% tread life left
Noise in front passenger side (I think its either a pully or bearing)
Normal scratches for milage, as well as some scratches on the driver side rear door, but they arent all that noticable.

Modifications:
Screamin Deamon coil pack (have stock, still works)
Taylor ThnderVolt 8.2mm wires
UDP + Belt (Have stock pulley and belt)
8000k RetroSolutions 55w Digital HID's
35% Tint
LED license plate bulbs
Flowmaster 40 series muffler with stainless tip, 3rd cat/res delete
Debadged trunk (have letters if you want them)
Dynomatted tunk lid (no subs with it though, extra if you want them)
Fog lights (one connection is shaking, 2 min repair (I'd do it if it werent freezing out))
Mesh grill

Also, I will have a dash kit with it, but I'm keeping the radio so you have to get your own. All audio things (inside speakers, tweeters, subs, amp, wiring, radio)
will be removed and put back to stock. As stated above, I will sell the subs (Less than a few months old Kicker CompVR 12's) for an extra 250.

All stock components will be provided with the car.

I will have updated pics as soon as the damn snow goes away. lol

NOTE: Tint not in these pics, Mirror Caps ARE on, only has a Ford, Lou's Custom exhaust, and Kicker decal on it.
But for now:

Anything else I can think of I'll post, or if you have any questions PM me or leave them here!

So, any interest, or guess on what I should sell it for?

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I got about $4500 trade-in for my 2000 LX. Back in 2003.......

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
With the economy the way it is lately, this is one time I would say just trade it in. You could likely get 3K trade in. You MAY be able to sell for $3,500. Mods add nothing of value. Bare bones facts are it is a 9 year old taurus with the lower option engine and needs new tires.

Seeing as you are buying a truck. Go into the dealer, pick out truck, tell them the price you want, the interest rate you want and the trade in value you want. Leave and wait for them to call.

I got exactly what I wanted for my R on trade, which was higher than average, and got a great rate

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (RPFlloyd @ Mar 5 2009, 02:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705771
With the economy the way it is lately, this is one time I would say just trade it in. You could likely get 3K trade in. You MAY be able to sell for $3,500. Mods add nothing of value. Bare bones facts are it is a 9 year old taurus with the lower option engine and needs new tires.

Seeing as you are buying a truck. Go into the dealer, pick out truck, tell them the price you want, the interest rate you want and the trade in value you want. Leave and wait for them to call.

I got exactly what I wanted for my R on trade, which was higher than average, and got a great rate[/b]
Yea, If it goes to dealer EVERYTHING is going back to stock. Only thing I cant change is exhaust, and tint. I'm going to try for $3,000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts