Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I broke the brittle line that runs off the vacuum splitter bolted on the front drivers side cowl above the break RES..the line I broke ran all the way across the cowl to the passenger side ..the main line is hard plastic about 3/8 then it has a split and small boots ..2 3/16 maybe lines run from there...one goes to the fire wall and the other ran down into the back strut housing...my heater won't blow hot but a minute or two now...any ideas..:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
22,626 Posts
Did you break the larger line or 1 of the 2 smaller lines? The small hard black line runs through the firewall to a vacuum plug attached to the heater box behind the black plastic passenger kick panel. The small hard whitish line runs inside the passenger fender to a vacuum reservoir. All 3 lines can be repaired by "sleeve-splicing" with black rubber vacuum hose. On your hvac system, mode (vent position) is vacuum controlled. A vacuum leak causes the system to default to defrost. Temp. is controlled elec. via the blend door actuator (bda) motor. May suspect a partially plugged heater core. If so, search the forum for the "Clinton flush". May also search "heater core shortcut video" by realfixesrealfast on here or youtube. How's your coolant level/condition?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts