Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I need some help on this issue. I'm installing a factory cd changer in the trunk of my 2000 ses with the PIE interface, so I can hook up my Ipod and maintain the stock CLEAN look. What i'm having a problem with is where do I cut and trim the trunk carpet so I have access to the changer and the carpet sits flush back into place?
If anyone has pictures can you please post them.

Thanks
wonnie2000

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You're going to need the carpet from a car with a CD changer. Cutting the carpet will not allow it to look factory since the CD changer sits above the floor of the car.

Here's what the factory setup looks like:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Jun 1 2010, 12:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808296
You're going to need the carpet from a car with a CD changer. Cutting the carpet will not allow it to look factory since the CD changer sits above the floor of the car.

[im g]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/635695/fullsize/trunk_left.jpg[/img]
[im g]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/635691/fullsize/stock.jpg[/img][/b]
You can cut the carpet just install the brackets and look where they hit the carpet. Cut some slits and they'll mount no problem. But like Alex said, it will not look factory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Jun 1 2010, 12:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808296

[/b]
Thanks Guys.......I had no idea that I need a different style carpet. Maybe I'll try to mount it with the existing carpet until I can find one that goes with the cd changer. Do you have any ideas on where I can find one?

Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Mike, I have a cd changer trunk trim if you're ever in the Detroit area.
It's too much of a hassle to ship!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts