Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have the pin-outs for the RCU in the trunk? Just curious, because I would like to know which wire is which back there. I am looking for a 12V constant (will be easy to find with my multimeter) as well as the Retained Power Accessory 12V lead. That will be a bit more time consuming to find since I have to select one of 20 wires, turn on the ignition, turn off the ignition and then open the door to see if it kills power.

Can anyone here help me out? Give me an idea of wire color or whatever so my search doesn't take so long?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
In the older Gen 4's others have used the power antenna wire for a switchable wire. Go to the old forums and do a search for "wiring diagrams" or "remote wire" these should give you some good threads to follow. I have a complete wiring diagram book from Ford for the 2003 Taurus, but some of the wiring has changed since 2000, so I am not sure how much help that would be for you.

·
Registered
318 Posts
According to my 2000 FoMoCo EVTM CD, look for a dark green wire, pin 1 on connector 387, a 4 pin connector at left hand side of the luggage compartment, behind the lining. Supposed to be hot at all times, fed from fuse 226, 10 Amps. It connects to the antenna module.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found what I needed to find over break with my trusty multi-meter. I don't remember exactly what two wires I hit, but I found a 12V constant as well as a 12V switched. My XM install went just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts