Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the head gasket change on the 3.0 OHV. Everything seems to be hooked up correctly, but now the engine misses at low end (seems fine when cruising at 2000 rpms). No code. Plug wires are tight. New plugs.

One of the things I did (and probably shouldn't have) was to clean the butterfly in the throttle body. Apparently, that's taboo.

Right now I am thinking a plugged fuel injector -- given the fact that something may have gotten to them when they were out?

Is there a vacuum line that might cause this?

I know it's a vague problem...but would appreciate any suggestions on a possible culprit.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Just finished the head gasket change on the 3.0 OHV. Everything seems to be hooked up correctly, but now the engine misses at low end (seems fine when cruising at 2000 rpms). No code. Plug wires are tight. New plugs.

One of the things I did (and probably shouldn't have) was to clean the butterfly in the throttle body. Apparently, that's taboo.

Right now I am thinking a plugged fuel injector -- given the fact that something may have gotten to them when they were out?

Is there a vacuum line that might cause this?

I know it's a vague problem...but would appreciate any suggestions on a possible culprit.

Thanks in advance.
Vacuum leak mostly issue at idle and low throttle. I have cleaned throttle plates and never a problem. I use naptha, rag and tooth brush. (old one) :p

Anything with plugs, wires, coil etc likely to show up at high rpm, high throttle.

Many codes will not show up until they have caused an issue more than one time.

So I would go over every vacuum line, PCV, EGR, and gasket.

-chart-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts