Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2000 ses CEL has started flashing on & off and a slight intermittent hesitation / loss of power on acceleration.
checked for code but my scanner says n/a?
I am thinking a sticking injector
fuel filter is new
interesting that the radio also will go on and off at the same time the engine is mis-firing

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the radio is flickering that points to electrical in my mind. Have the battery and alternator checked out. When doing the alternator check, gradually put loads on the system(radio, blower, AC, rear defog, power acc... ect.) I have had alternators check out OK at idle with no load but fall flat on their face with the defrost on.
Also, give the ignition system a through going over. Check wires, plugs, coils and all connections.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2000 ses CEL has started flashing on & off and a slight intermittent hesitation / loss of power on acceleration.
checked for code but my scanner says n/a?
I am thinking a sticking injector
fuel filter is new
interesting that the radio also will go on and off at the same time the engine is mis-firing
Is it possible the 2 symptoms are related - mis-firing and radio as they always occur together?

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Ignition switch.
Engine misfire shouldn't affect the radio and should set a hard code if a plug or coil was dropping out.
My switch started acting up and the dash would light up like a Xmas tree and accessories would shut off. Turn off and restart and all was fine. It was erratic too.
NAPA had the switch in stock so that tells me it's a common part.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got code po302
cylinder # 2 mis-fire

I read that 70 to 80% of the time it is the coil on plug but also could be injector, wire or plug

I have motorcraft but local store has only napa - is that ok to mix ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got code po302
cylinder # 2 mis-fire

I read that 70 to 80% of the time it is the coil on plug but also could be injector, wire or plug

I have motorcraft but local store has only napa - is that ok to mix ?
How did you get the code? Did the check engine light come back on and stay on?

Also, two years ago I had a misfire issue, I replaced all spark plugs and the COP for cyl#1. All motorcraft, which I would recommend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did you get the code? Did the check engine light come back on and stay on?

Also, two years ago I had a misfire issue, I replaced all spark plugs and the COP for cyl#1. All motorcraft, which I would recommend.
light did return

What is part number and online resource for motorcraft cop?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts