Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 SES Bull has only 65k miles and generally doesn't present many problems. As she`ll stick around for a while, this what I hope the eventual end product to look like.
Slight Lift/New Struts and Springs
Suspension Overhaul
New Rims & Tires
Light-Bar
Black Detailing
Window Tint

What do you fellas think? Anything else you guys can think to add or change?

Fyi, this is what it looks like as of now.. So Yeah.. A long ways to go. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,951 Posts
^^^^ +1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha Omg I`m really in the minority here. Anyways thanks for the complements on my bull! 😂😂

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm worth the before crowd. Body-colored molding looks better on this car, and why would you put that light bar on a Taurus?

·
Registered
539 Posts
My opinion, if you really want to add a light bar consider putting it behind the slotted openings under the bumper. The location you show above the windshield is better suited for a pickup and I suspect the wind noise would be very noticeable. The tint and black detailing could be cool, but I'm not sure about the suspension lift. Are you sure you don't just want a truck?

·
Registered
83 Posts
^^^ I agree with Hornswaggle, There are tons of mounting options down low in the front where it is 'slotted'.
I put my running lights here, but you could have your mounts slide in and then the light bar span the front of the bumper...at least that way you wouldn't have to drill into the roof.
Not trying to discourage you, but I would be put in my grave if I had to drill into the roof myself :LOL:
test.png

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ I agree with Hornswaggle, There are tons of mounting options down low in the front where it is 'slotted'.
I put my running lights here, but you could have your mounts slide in and then the light bar span the front of the bumper...at least that way you wouldn't have to drill into the roof.
Not trying to discourage you, but I would be put in my grave if I had to drill into the roof myself :LOL:
View attachment 215944
Not Gonna Lie.. This is Fuckin Badass, I've Decided against the Light-bar up top, for more so the look you have here. However on the 2000 model the bumper is slightly different, so... i would get a bar that spans the entire width of the bumper, it would be behind the bumper itself. That way it'd keep the look consistent and the overall "Roundy-ness" would be kept in mind as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Update Everyone.. NO OVERHEAD LIGHT-BAR. I know you've all been requesting it and i now see the light! 😂 Instead I'll install one behind the air intake on the bumper, that way it'll be just as effective, wont disrupt the sleekness of the car and it'll be best of all.... LEGAL. Yes, overhead light-bars are illegal in my state. Even if they're off, its the very existence of them that'll get you a ticket. 😑 However ill still be installing DRLs; which ill get an image of for ya'll, and my new rims and tires are arriving tomorrow! You guys will for sure be updated along the way, and thanks for all the feedback and views, forums like this keep this community thriving, and hopefully we can fuel this club for years to come!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update Everyone. New Tires and Rims have been installed! Along with a Fresh oil change, power steering flush and brake line flush! she drives straight and the suspension is worlds better! Let Me know what you think!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts