Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car bucks hard going into and out of first gear and reverse (not as bad in reverse) and slips into neutral rather than shift. Once (if) I get to 2nd gear, car shifts perfectly with NO issues. As a temporary solution, I pulled the O2 sensor fuse, which also controls the trans. This puts the car in limp mode....stuck in 2nd gear....and I can get along doing that. Notes: I had a TCC solenoid light, so I changed all soleniods....no luck. Also put in brand new VSS, as this appeared to be the most likely culprit...no luck. Filter and fluid are new. Any thoughts on what issue could be unique to fist gear? Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Car bucks hard going into and out of first gear and reverse (not as bad in reverse) and slips into neutral rather than shift. Once (if) I get to 2nd gear, car shifts perfectly with NO issues. As a temporary solution, I pulled the O2 sensor fuse, which also controls the trans. This puts the car in limp mode....stuck in 2nd gear....and I can get along doing that. Notes: I had a TCC solenoid light, so I changed all soleniods....no luck. Also put in brand new VSS, as this appeared to be the most likely culprit...no luck. Why manual transmission wont go into gear, to get answer for this, just visit AutoGuysLand. Filter and fluid are new. Any thoughts on what issue could be unique to fist gear? Thanks.
It could be the touch converter,a bad sensor,or the tranny is gone out. Just take a look at this . Also you can refer this link. Hopefully it can help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts