Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Looks super clean dude. I'm so torn between blacking mine out or doing chrome. I have never really done chrome.
I'm not much of a fan of chrome, but I don't like completely blacked out either. Most of the time that looks cheap to me IMO. Instead, I went with anthracite grey plastidip. It's more unique than black and still sticks out a little bit but is still fairly dark. Now I'm debating going electric lime green to brighten up the car a little.

·
Supporting Vendor
987 Posts
Nitto Motivos 255/45/R20 So far nice quiet ride only have about 500 miles on them
These Nitto tires should last pretty long in compare to other tires from this price range, both summer and winter models. You can check them out on our site: Nitto | Tires CARiD.com or PM if you need a quote

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
245/45/20 General GMax....love them.
That's what I replaced my Michelins with and I am very pleased with them. I love them, better traction and handling then the Michelins and only (very slight) more noise than the Michelins.

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
These Nitto tires should last pretty long in compare to other tires from this price range, both summer and winter models. You can check them out on our site: Nitto | Tires CARiD.com or PM if you need a quote
I'm digging the NT555R's personally.

I rock a staggered set up on my multiple award winning, platform record setting SHO.

For the fronts, 255 / 45 ZR20
For the rears, 275 / 40 ZR20

Wonder if NITTO carries them in the above sizes? Would need two of each.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Since the original post I bought a set of 20 x 8.5 Platinum Hawk 433U and wrapped them in 245/40 Falken Zeix ZE950.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2015 SEL came with the Michelin Primacy MXM4's 245/45-20. They are a good tire but too pricey for my wallet. I believe with the low profile 45's you can feel the bumps a lot more. I would hate to go anything less than that. Not sure what brand I will buy when it comes time to replace them, but I do like Continental tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When it comes to upsizing, I would not do it. That would be one of my gripes against Ford or GM. They did not change suspension components to accommodate the bigger but lower profile wheels resulting in a harsh ride. My 2011 Lacrosse did fairly well with the 20" but that option included electronic suspension, different strut design on front, and different control arms on the rear.
I currently have the 20". OE were Michelin MXM I think. Had to replace them very early because they wore to 9/32 on shoulders but 7/32 at center resulting in terrible handling. Never overinflated so I don't know why and was reluctant to replace with same. Went with Pilot A/S 3. Wear has been OK but a bit noisy and hard as I approach 4/32. Unfortunately I needed one replaced under warranty and it is A/S 3+. Car now handles like crap and I wonder if they did electronic or road force balance because of vibration starting at 57 MPH. And on some road surfaces that tire is very noisy.

Looking for recommendations in the OE 20 size with 99V rating. The Pilot are 103 Y (extra load) which may be contributing to harshness. (All new tires will be less harsh than worn)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts