1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
524 Posts
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, your exhaust is sexy. What kind of glass pack? I have a flowmaster, which is nice, but not loud. Do you think it would be louder if I replaced the stock resonator with a glasspack?

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (03FordTaurus @ Jun 2 2010, 12:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808551
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, your exhaust is sexy. What kind of glass pack? I have a flowmaster, which is nice, but not loud. Do you think it would be louder if I replaced the stock resonator with a glasspack?[/b]
Thank you :lol2:

Well, I had a Flowmasters too before. It was too quiet just like you said. Then, I ran straight pipes with absolutely no muffler , not even resonator. It was nice but too loud. So I've put glass pack (Don't know the brand, shop installed it. ) in place of resonator and I like it although I'm going to redo the whole exhaust system this fall after I install my nitrous.

·
Registered
524 Posts
OK so you say it's split to duals too. Is it one glasspack splitting to the two tips?

Glasspacks are cheap, and the muffler shop around here does cheap work.....I'm really tempted to get a glasspack put on now. >.<

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its split behind gas tank... no its just one glass pack put in where resonator used to be. ;) . It was $150 and about 2 hours for the guys to bend the pipes.

·
Registered
524 Posts
QUOTE (OmMEGGA @ Jun 1 2010, 11:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808556
Its split behind gas tank... no its just one glass pack put in where resonator used to be. ;) . It was $150 and about 2 hours for the guys to bend the pipes.[/b]
Wow much cheaper than my shop, and I thought they were cheap. They quoted me $250 for the pipe and duals. I think I'll just get a glasspack where the stock resonator is, and keep my single muffler for now.

Anyway sorry for kind of hijacking your thread, I just really really like your exhaust.....I watched it a few times in a row LOL.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Seems about right, for the mods. I'm still baffled as to how your 01 has stock fuel cut at 5900, and my 00 has it at 5500.

A full out 0-60 (or 80) vid would provide better insight as to whether the car is a freak, or not. I've seen some vulcans take an eternity to get their fatasses moving from a dead stop.

·
Registered
809 Posts
QUOTE (FFVulcanPowah @ Jun 2 2010, 01:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808567
Seems about right, for the mods. I'm still baffled as to how your 01 has stock fuel cut at 5900, and my 00 has it at 5500.

A full out 0-60 (or 80) vid would provide better insight as to whether the car is a freak, or not. I've seen some vulcans take an eternity to get their fatasses moving from a dead stop.[/b]
That would be my fatass 96 GL, I step hard on the pedal and the linkage taps the hamster under the hood on the head. He starts running in the wheel which eventually gets it spinning fast enough to get the Bull to shift out of first gear. Whooo hoooo 25mph here we go!!! lol

Back on topic, nice sounding Bull!! Mine just whistles from the intake and is quiet stock exhaust is quiet.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
:rofl2:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (mh488 @ Jun 1 2010, 11:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808578

A full out 0-60 (or 80) vid would provide better insight as to whether the car is a freak, or not. I've seen some vulcans take an eternity to get their fatasses moving from a dead stop.[/b]
That would be my fatass 96 GL, I step hard on the pedal and the linkage taps the hamster under the hood on the head. He starts running in the wheel which eventually gets it spinning fast enough to get the Bull to shift out of first gear. Whooo hoooo 25mph here we go!!! lol

Back on topic, nice sounding Bull!! Mine just whistles from the intake and is quiet stock exhaust is quiet.
[/b][/quote]

My Gen 2 GL>your phatazz Gen 3 GL. y0.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

LOL. See, my Vulcan is a freak... and that 5,900 rpm gear changes help a whole lot. I can pull about 41mph in first gear and 74mph in the second. I will do 0-60 some other time. Its really hot and I don't wanna beat that poor car :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE (fdogg96 @ Jun 2 2010, 02:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808585
QUOTE (OmMEGGA @ Jun 1 2010, 09:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808541
01' Vulcan; UDP, Duals (split at the back) with a glass pack and A/C compressor bypass with a shorter belt ... and of course shifting at 5,900rpm :noes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTKLoOfGoxY[/b]
My 95 Vulcan has a UDP. I'm gonna by pass the A/C since it doesn't work. I've got a magnaflow high flow y-pipe. I wonder how much I will pull.
[/b][/quote]
Bypassing the A/C doesn't do anything, because the pulley just "freewheels" when the pump isn't operating...

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (goodbrosUIT @ Jun 2 2010, 09:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808665
OmMegga - Your check engine light is on!![/b]
Yup :p

EGR Valve is not working correctly. Probably the sensor went out. Funny thing is it comes and goes away, right now the check engine is not on and either way, the car runs perfectly fine.

And I would argue about the "Bypassing the A/C doesn't do anything" I felt improved throttle response, better take offs and idle is waayy smoother even when the A/C was not on. I remember when I had my A/C before, it was a pain in the a$$ to move my bull from the stop when it was blowing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
5900!!?? Are you kidding me!? Mine won't push past 5000 no matter what I do! I can only hit 35 in first gear too. Hmm I think my car might have issues.

Nice exhaust by the way. I'm looking at getting another bull right now and I was considering what kind of exhaust to put on. Glasspacks are definitely on my list now.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (Angrod @ Jun 2 2010, 02:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808752
5900!!?? Are you kidding me!? Mine won't push past 5000 no matter what I do! I can only hit 35 in first gear too. Hmm I think my car might have issues.

Nice exhaust by the way. I'm looking at getting another bull right now and I was considering what kind of exhaust to put on. Glasspacks are definitely on my list now.[/b]
Cold engine + 0-45 launch to merge into traffic = a 5500-5700 rpm 1-2 upshift.

:noes: It does this to me every morning.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (Angrod @ Jun 2 2010, 03:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808752

Nice exhaust by the way. I'm looking at getting another bull right now and I was considering what kind of exhaust to put on. Glasspacks are definitely on my list now.[/b]
You do know that during WOT i put it to (1) wait till about 5,400rpm (it takes a second for trans to shift, if I didn't shift early it would redline ) and put it back to (D) and it shifts at 5,900rpm (40mph) ,then once it shifts to second I go right back to (1) and wait till it hits 5,400rpm again and I go back to (D) once again, it shifts at 5,900rpm (74mph)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Watched it again and saw the gear indicator moving between 1 and D. You cheater :lol2: ! I never would have thought of that.

Hrmmm I thought the vulcan went red at 5500 and the 'tec around 6000? Or is it the same for both engines? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts