Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Does anyone have any fiber glassing experience? Im thinking about making my own body kit, only question i have is what kind of foam or material would be best for the plug? (something strong enough to be molded, but almost easy enough to carve)

2. I bought a new hid headlights, and they look GREAT only problem is the right one now has a yellow tint to it =( i have the 8000k's and the left on is still going strong, but the right one is now yellow... was it a messed up bulb? or is it something else? (also the sometimes dont come on or they flicker when i turn them on (only one at a time not both)

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
ive heard the green floral foam works good for making body parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive heard the green floral foam works good for making body parts.
Thats what i thought, but the only problem i see with that is when you pout a little presure on it, it "pushes" in, so it will have some indents if i axcidently push to hard...

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
1. Does anyone have any fiber glassing experience? Im thinking about making my own body kit, only question i have is what kind of foam or material would be best for the plug? (something strong enough to be molded, but almost easy enough to carve)

2. I bought a new hid headlights, and they look GREAT only problem is the right one now has a yellow tint to it =( i have the 8000k's and the left on is still going strong, but the right one is now yellow... was it a messed up bulb? or is it something else? (also the sometimes dont come on or they flicker when i turn them on (only one at a time not both)
Could be a wiring issues. Could be the bulb. Could also be a defective kit. Take apart the right HIDs and put them back on. If it doesn't work and it's still under warranty, send them back.

I also noticed that you have a Gen 2 LX. You are using the HIDs with the discoball headlamps right? The stock GL primatic headlamps traps too much light and will scatter it. On coming traffic will high beam you.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
that could be the issue too, if you are running the traditional taurus headlights and not the clear 94-95 lx/95se headlights. if you need a set let me know. got em sitting in my shed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok so here is a pic of my right light (which is the good working one)

And here is the left which is the one that is off tint...

Ive replugged the whole kit a few times, and still no luck :/ I think i mihgt just buy replacment bulbs off ebay and see if that will help (i bought the kit off ebay "new" for 49$ so that could also hae been the problem...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Might as well buy from DDM, they're service when it comes to bulbs is great, if the colors don't match then you send your pair back and they ship you another pair that do match.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
If you checked the wiring and everything is tight, then it's probably the bulb. If its yellow, it's too cool to be 8000k which are bluish. I've got 8000K on my Gen 2.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you checked the wiring and everything is tight, then it's probably the bulb. If its yellow, it's too cool to be 8000k which are bluish. I've got 8000K on my Gen 2.
Thing is though, they were blue wheni first got them... and now wheni first turn them on they charge up like normal and stay blue, but then they turn yellow after a minuet...

Hey, does anyone know if i can use 10k or 12k with the 8k ballasasts? (are they all the same or do they put out diffrent power?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts