Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen two cars for sale at a donated cars lot. both have problems. One is a 24v 99 sho. they say its leaking antifreeze. Is sho motors known to have problems and will it be a good buy to fix. Next one is a 2000 taurus with the vulcan motor. I was told these are great motor then the duratec. Anywho..The car overheats and i was told it might need a water pump. But when i popped the hood the coolant bottle look busted. Im sure thats a easy fix and i told a family member that. There were other people looking at both cars and first glance at seeing that both cars have a leak or overheating = headgasket failure to them. So which will be a good car to get.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Depends on what you want. Vulcan motors tend to have an issue getting out of their own way. If you're not looking for a speedy car, or a car that can keep up with traffic, then the vulcan is a VERY reliable engine and a good grab. If you want 235 hp, then the SHO is the way to go, but I haven't dealt with those motors too much, so I don't know what the leak is most likely to be. An SHO is a V8, so it has 32 valves. 24 valves is a V6 'tec. Make sure which motor it is, first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts