Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by eatinbugs@Jan 30 2005, 08:15 PM
Just to get a rough count on this...The following will be at the meet on Feb. 20

Smola67
Eatinbugs
Unc25
jOrd4n

If anyone has problems getting to Savannah or gets lost in Savannah, feel free to give one of us a call. Smola and I will be preparing the cars Saturday night and setting up the track at 7am Sunday morning.

Jim Smola - 864-205-6175
Jeff MacGregor - 912-704-3774

We're looking forward to seeing everyone there!

:chili:
yeah, that's it so far...any projection as to how many probers (other than you two) will be there?

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
COUNT ME IN. I am coming home from Germany to be there. I am stationed in Germany through the Army, but I live in Florida, and I would love to be there. So the fee is $25, can I pay when I get there, or do I have to send it early. Anyways, I won't be bringing my Taurus Wagon, it is Germany. But I own a nice 98 Ford Contour back at home, I'll be coming in that, is that ok?

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by chrism3784@Jan 31 2005, 06:35 AM
COUNT ME IN. I am coming home from Germany to be there. I am stationed in Germany through the Army, but I live in Florida, and I would love to be there. So the fee is $25, can I pay when I get there, or do I have to send it early. Anyways, I won't be bringing my Taurus Wagon, it is Germany. But I own a nice 98 Ford Contour back at home, I'll be coming in that, is that ok?
a contour? that's awesome man, you can bring whatever you want, i think ;)

i think we're going to be way outnumbered by probes anyways :D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hey, it's a ford :D

Imagine bringing a Taurus to a FTW FL Chapter meet with the F-150's haha. Back then I used to have a 2002 Ranger.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
chrism3784
Smola67
Eatinbugs
Unc25
jOrd4n

And yes the contour is more than welcome. $25 is correct. And you can pay when you get to the event. Just arrive and pay before 9:30

Not sure on the Probe turn out at this point. I will let you know soon.
The autox will have many diff cars. The last one had a Ferrari, Porsch, and many others.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Originally posted by unc25@Jan 31 2005, 09:13 PM
Awesome Guys I cant wait!  Should make good some good video clips!

Robert :ph34r:
That is what I am saying, I am bringing my digital camera, and wants lots of good video. So I can show my friends over here in Germany what the Taurus is made of. Will I be allowed to run my Contour on the track, it is the 2.0 DOHC one. I don't know how it will do, but with stopwatch test I did a long time ago back at home, it does 0-60 in like 11 secs.

EDIT: Here is a Picture of my Contour. I gave the car to my mom when I joined the Army 1 1/2 years ago. But when I go home, I will be using it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The contour will do just fine. And everyone bring as much camera stuff as you can. I need some good shots of the Probe and some video if anyone can do it. I have a gmail account witch has 1 gig of storage so emailing the pics and video will be no prob. This will be fun. Oh and I have a Probe member bringing a ZX2 so that should give the contour something to run against. We have a 99 Contour and I think that it handles very well for a stock car. The Falken 512's helped as well.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
:( I want to go, but Florida is so damn long. What is it like a 7-8 hour drive from Fort Lauderdale? I have also been running on four almost slicks, and one tire has a nail in it so there is no way I would make a trip over 300 miles like this. I am holding up for the new Ventus tires to be released here in Florida at the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Feb 13 2005, 10:51 PM
:( I want to go, but Florida is so damn long. What is it like a 7-8 hour drive from Fort Lauderdale? I have also been running on four almost slicks, and one tire has a nail in it so there is no way I would make a trip over 300 miles like this. I am holding up for the new Ventus tires to be released here in Florida at the end of the month.
Are you waiting for the Ventus 212. 200 compound. If so that is what I will be getting as well.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Nah the 212 isn't offered in the 225/55 16 size. :angry: I have been waiting for the H105. This tire has about the same performance as the K104, but has better all season performance and twice the snow performance for the suckers up there that get that funny white stuff. I love the looks of the tire and it looks like it will be a long lasting tire that hopefully can last past 20,000 miles. My UltraZ's from the Futura line at Pepboys, wore out in under 18,000. They have felt kind of rough whenever you go over 80 MPH lately too. I will be making some phone calls to get these by next week. It is funny when I call the warehouse, because they say everyone has been calling on that model tire. They showcased it last year at the SEMA show and now everyone is waiting for it to roll out.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I am still definitely coming. I am enjoying my tour in America. I am in Maryland right now, and going to NY tommarrow. I am bringing with me there, an imported from Germany bottle of Taurus wine. My Contour is running just fine. It is getting me everywhere I need to go. Can't wait to see everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
fyi, weather.com shows possible rain in the forecast, so don't forget to plan accordingly

unfortunately, things have come up that may keep me from going on saturday. i'll know more by saturday evening :/

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well here we go.... my last post before we meet up guys....
I am going into work a little early to try and bust some crap out so I can get my junk done and go! Hopefully everything works out just fine.

See you guys there!

Keep an eye out for me 1994 Silver Ford Taurus with sho exhaust and 1996 Aluminum wheels. I'll probably look lost. lol

Robert :ph34r:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great and can't wait to see you all. I did a battery relocation and an amp install on a friends Probe today. Man I love working on cars. :D

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.