Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced both rear calipers and pads since the calipers were seized. I also replaced the copper gaskets top and bottom of the banjo fittings on the lines to the calipers. Now I am getting leaking from the connection where the copper gasket is. I have tightened them and taken them apart several times and can't seem to get it to seal. What can I do???

Mark in PA

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Did you use remanufactured Calipers? Many times the remans have defects in them from the previous owner. Make sure that there is a smooth top where the washer is going over. Also make sure the washer isn't too big. It needs to fit flat against the caliper and the brake hose block.
Be sure that you have torque the bolt down enough between 31-39 ft lbs. If you can't get it to that torque spec maybe you have stripped something?
Also keep in mind that the bolts are generally different sizes for the left and right if I remember correctly. So if you put the wrong size in that can also cause a problem... :S

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I will try to take a look at it tomorrow (when it warms up a little :lol2: )

Mark

Did you use remanufactured Calipers? Many times the remans have defects in them from the previous owner. Make sure that there is a smooth top where the washer is going over. Also make sure the washer isn't too big. It needs to fit flat against the caliper and the brake hose block.
Be sure that you have torque the bolt down enough between 31-39 ft lbs. If you can't get it to that torque spec maybe you have stripped something?
Also keep in mind that the bolts are generally different sizes for the left and right if I remember correctly. So if you put the wrong size in that can also cause a problem... :S
[/b]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts