Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1999 Taurus Trunk Lid Swap is a Success

We have a 99 Taurus, and it had a regular trunk lid. Last week I was walking through the junk yard, looking for a GEM Module, and I stumbled on a 98 Taurus that had the spoiler on the trunk lid. The trunk lid was the right color and every thing. I went home and asked the little women what she thought about having a rear spoiler on her car, and she said sure, if the price is right. I got the trunk lid for just under 37 bucks. I installed it today, and I took a few pics. It lined up perfect, and we are very happy with the results. Next is new wheels. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,410 Posts
Same thing happened to me last summer. It does improve the apperance. I guess sometimes we all get lucky!!

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Nice addition to your bull!!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Nice work! Looks good. Maybe some 16" OEM Taurus wheels or some nice polished aluminum 15" Gen 3 wheels or something?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Good lookin car, I have the same spoiler on my 99 sable.. found it at a junkyard too.. i paid either 40 or 50 just for the spoiler, dont recall. Ended up getting all scratched up on the ride home in the back of the truck by the base of the SHO seats i got on the same trip...:(
It's really too bad they dont have an alloy that is the exact same style as those hubcaps... they really aren't all that bad looking...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the kind words. I'm tossing around the idea of buying some rims like the one's on our 2004 SES. In the top pic above, you can see my truck behind the 99 Taurus. On the other side of my truck, is where the 04 gets parked. Here is a partial pic of the 04, and another pic of the wheel. I'm thinking about putting a set of these wheels on the 99. What do you guys think about a set of these wheels on the 99? By the way, the 04 doesn't have a rear spoiler, so now I'm thinking I need to find one for it. lol

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Came out nice! Glad you got the original price they first quoted you too. One question, what's a "truck lid" (LOL)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I've got a rear spoiler on mine I'm about to get a larger aftermarket one.

Don't worry, under hood before outside the car. ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Came out nice! Glad you got the original price they first quoted you too. One question, what's a "truck lid" (LOL)
HAHAHA, I see what I did. Good catch. I don't know, I think it's because I am so used to posting in a truck forum I belong to, that I typed truck instead of trunk. I guess I'm getting old. lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did the same thing with my 1999. Found one in the yard, but I had to paint mine. Otherwise I put it on and I love it. Only thing I noticed was the trunk lid didn't pop up like it used to when pushing the trunk button. I had to adjust the torsion bars due to the addition weight of the spoiler, but now everything is good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How do you go about adjusting the torsion bars in the trunk? I undid mine by mistake, and haven't been able to fix it since. And that SOB is heavy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.