Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have one 1999 taurus se had a chance at another 1999 se with cooper tires the guy said he hit a guard rail and bent the frame. anyway i bought it for $250 and it does have a right rear door that i can use although a bronze color instead of grey. i fould that it has 16 in tires instead of the 15 in mine hasI now wonder if the other parts will work such as computer alternater starter lights lenses fuses relays etc and it has a spoiler also what model did i gat ? it even has a differant heater air conditioner control panel, looks like the same engine dohc 24 valve what the heck??

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
^ Same car, just optioned differently. All '99's came with 15" wheels/tires, he swapped them out. Sounds like 1 car has manual hvac controls and the other has eatc (auto). Some had dual exhaust, some didn't. Some had a rear sway bar, some didn't. Some had an od off button on the shifter, some didn't. Seems like the earlier built '99's had more options and the later built '99's had fewer. You can check the drivers door end sticker for the mfg. date. If either was a rental car, it probably suffers from "fleet delete".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ Same car, just optioned differently. All '99's came with 15" wheels/tires, he swapped them out. Sounds like 1 car has manual hvac controls and the other has eatc (auto). Some had dual exhaust, some didn't. Some had a rear sway bar, some didn't. Some had an od off button on the shifter, some didn't. Seems like the earlier built '99's had more options and the later built '99's had fewer. You can check the drivers door end sticker for the mfg. date. If either was a rental car, it probably suffers from "fleet delete".
actually on the drivers door the tab does say 16 inch tires and it has a spoiler also on the trunk lid

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Does it list the 16" as an "optional" size and 15" as standard? I've had 4 '99 tecs and all had the 205-65-15 wheel/tire combo. 2 had spoilers, 2 did not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts