Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been led to believe that this model can take a CD changer and my car has the CD button on the console and all the tape player functions.

I looked in the trunk for the wiring and pin connector but could not find it anywhere. Is it just me or is it possible that not all the 99 models came wired in the trunk for the CD changer upgrade? I also did not see any place that it would be easily mounted.

ANy help here would be great.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Pull up the carpet/trunk liner on the rear diver's side in the trunk, right by your antenna, and have a look. If it's wired it should be there (the harness). There is a bracket assembly that holds it in place that only comes with the unit.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The CD changer would plug into the radio control unit in the same general area as Dan mentioned above. You'll need the brackets, screws, clips, changer, magazine and wiring harness.

I have a few spare cables if interested in getting one.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
If the wiring is there, you might want to consider an Ipod adapter by PIE (from Crutchfield, etc.) it works in place of the changer, and even a small Nano or Shuffle will hold a couple hundred CD's worth of music.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW there it all is right by the antenna a cable with a white connector and a silver box. I`ve had this car for years and did not know that as it is so well hidden.

Am I to assume that is the bracket assembly that the changer goes into and all I have to do is mount it and then plug and play?

Kind of a silly thing to do IMHO as I will have to cut the carpet.

Please advise futher thanks people.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Just two brackets that screw onto the changer that allow it to mount OEM like. You can pick up the proper trunk carpeting at a self service junkyard for under $10. Or you can cut the carpet for a couple of slits so the brackets can slide through.

Or the iPod adapter like dan said...

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
WOW there it all is....
I love it when that happens!!!
The silver box is actually the radio (tuner) and 4 channel amp for your speakers. Add in the Head Unit in the dash and that's your factory stereo. If the silver box doesn't have raised heat-sink fins on it, you can get a stock higher powered Mach or JBL unit to replace it for cheap that will play a lot louder cleanly. As mentioned, Durasel is a Mach re-seller. (I'm a JBL fan, myself.)
welcome to your Taurus...

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Factory stock 4x20 watt JBL system with 80w self powered 6x9 sub. She bumps good...
This was before I replaced the worn out 5x7's with Pyle Driver coaxials. The right side was already replaced by the dealer when the car was new. Note bigger/longer magnet assembly. Your car probably has the hole in the center where the sub would mount.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
PM sent. :)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I also have a CD changer (harness not included) I'm looking to sell. PM me if interested! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts