Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
You can't do the installation yourself, unless you're very good with fiberglassing and body repairs. There will be several adjustments that will be need to be made, things will need to be trimmed to fit, and there are many places on the kit where the fiberglass should be reinforced with additional fiberglass.

You might be able to mount it yourself, but it's probably going to look like ass. Additionally, it'll need to be bondo'd and sanded so that there are no low spots. After that, it'll need to be primed (again), then sanded, and painted.

JR

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
You can't do the installation yourself, unless you're very good with fiberglassing and body repairs. There will be several adjustments that will be need to be made, things will need to be trimmed to fit, and there are many places on the kit where the fiberglass should be reinforced with additional fiberglass.

You might be able to mount it yourself, but it's probably going to look like ass. Additionally, it'll need to be bondo'd and sanded so that there are no low spots. After that, it'll need to be primed (again), then sanded, and painted.

JR
[/b]
Like he said. This bodykit needs alot of professional help. You might put the bumbers on yourself but it will like "ass." Sideskirts on doorcaps seem to be a probably when it come to the bodykit. Im one of two people I know the have the sides done. Good luck

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
No one can answer that. It depends on how much body work costs in your area. Around here, the insurance company estimates $44/hour for body and paint work, which is going to be cheaper than what you'll pay.

The only way you'll be able to find out is to have an estimate done by a couple of local shops, which will not be completely accurate, as they'll run into issues while doing the install, and find out what they say. I'd say no cheaper than $1200 for the install and paint, but that's NJ rates, and Ohio might be cheaper.

JR

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
thats true i guess. i dont think it will be that much considering i am painting it myself. but still, i think its worth the price if everything is done right and it will last me

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
what exactly are vinyl rims? like rims covered with CF vinyl or something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can only find the Razzi kit for the 1999 ford taurus. Im about to buy a 99 taurus and was looking at kits. ppl keep mentioning the aas kit but i can only find the razzi kit on Andysautosport

41 - 53 of 53 Posts