Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I am looking for a nice looking 1999 body kit. I have seen the one on AndysAutoSport and im thinking about getting that one. I most likely wont be getting it for a couple weeks because tomorrow I am ordering from crutchfield 2 12 in subs an amp and box. But the body kit is next on my list.

If anyone knows any good sites please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Or you could try and find that Japanese abomination that shows up here every now and then. Don't remember what it was called, but it was yellow and looked like it belonged in one of those Fast and Furious movies. [/b]
Japan Ford Taurus Landmark Edition:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I don't think that's what he was talking about. The Landmark kit is widely thought to be the best of the best when it comes to Gen III kits. There was, however, IIRC, an Aussie custom Taurus that was completely ridiculous, and I think THAT's what he was talking about. IIRC, it was bright yellow and was totally stupid looking.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
I don't think that's what he was talking about. The Landmark kit is widely thought to be the best of the best when it comes to Gen III kits. There was, however, IIRC, an Aussie custom Taurus that was completely ridiculous, and I think THAT's what he was talking about. IIRC, it was bright yellow and was totally stupid looking.

JR
[/b]

You got it. I think that landmark kit is actually pretty hot! I'm going to try and find an old picture of that yellow taurus to post here just for laughs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks a lot everyone. i think i am going to go with the AAS one. I like that its only $500 which is a great price and you guys talking about it shows that the site is legit. thanks a lot i appreciate it

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I thought the austrailian one was turned into an Aston Marton look-alike.

There was a yellow one that was RAAAAAY ricey. I think it was from japan, but nothing like the Landmark.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I thought the austrailian one was turned into an Aston Marton look-alike.

There was a yellow one that was RAAAAAY ricey. I think it was from japan, but nothing like the Landmark.
[/b]

You mean this one.................

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
yessir. that would be the pile of rice I was speaking of. :lol: it makes me laugh!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> Or you could try and find that Japanese abomination that shows up here every now and then. Don't remember what it was called, but it was yellow and looked like it belonged in one of those Fast and Furious movies. [/b]
[/b][/quote]

I wonder if that kid would fit better on a Sable than a Taurus :dunno:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Or you could try and find that Japanese abomination that shows up here every now and then. Don't remember what it was called, but it was yellow and looked like it belonged in one of those Fast and Furious movies. [/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

lol from the looks of the headlights.. it looks alot like a sable...

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Or you could try and find that Japanese abomination that shows up here every now and then. Don't remember what it was called, but it was yellow and looked like it belonged in one of those Fast and Furious movies. [/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

lol from the looks of the headlights.. it looks alot like a sable...
[/b][/quote]

It's the Taurus Ghia, sold in Japan and Australia. I think that they are Sable headlights, but they might be special Ghia lights. Those countries didn't get a choice of Taurus/Sable, they just got the Ghia, which is kind of a combination of the two.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
hey. please someone link me to the yellow body kit one. that is disgustingly sick
[/b]
It's not available anymore as far as I know. And for good reason, it's terrible, haha. But it used to cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1700-$2000 if I remember right. Hell, the headlight cover things alone cost about $300.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
wow. i am most likely going to get the AAS one. its nice and clean, and for a very good price. just $500 which is extremely cheap. hows the quaality of it?
[/b]

Quality is ok, but from what I've heard you will still need to do some work to fit it properly. Especially the door pannels, they don't seem to line up very well at all.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
really? thats disappointing. what about color? does it come in that red color or can i get it in black or grey? (my car is currently black but i am planning on painting it grey.)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts