Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, as you know my SHO is my baby...but with this wreck, they gave me the price for the suspension and brake fix, but that excluded body work (which would be about 2 grand more alone...!) So...I'm parting out parts of this 1 toward my new 1 I have my eyes on. Definetely a good 1 ;)
So help QuinnSHO achieve his new SHO.
Parts offered:
Most everything. Rims, bumpers, spoiler, trunk lid, everything. (Has magnaflow exhaust and some SWEET tips!)
Excludes: Engine ITSELF (but certain parts I will sell), rear passenger door (of course...) and the 2 bad rims)

Ask for part, I will soon return with price.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=myads/view&ad=7594890

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Is it welded? Has it had the 100K valve job done?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It isn't welded. As for the 100k, the last owner said he took good care of it (I only have owned it for about 2k sad enough...) But I would honestly not know that either. I'm not good at selling :p lol
*That reminds me though, along with the camshafts, I read something about the valves and stuff...is there a list somewhere with the 60 and 100k jobs (like I know powersteering in these things although Ford doesn't say, should be replaced every 20ishk)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
100k is the valve job that should be done on a V8 SHO. v8sho.com man :) This is different from the every 60k job done on a V6 SHO.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Nice catch, VWSEL. Those seats are gray.:D

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Costs about 1300 to fix it, then the body work they said would cost another grandish. Then if the new trans has issues, a build on that, thus more grand.
I currently stand at $390/$3500 then of course gas and stuff

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol...he's coming tommorow. But I could buy fabric ones and put it in (SHO's actually came with fabric rarely...O.O) and send the seats. But I know shipping wouldn't be the easiest or cheapest. But hey, anything toward Night Fury!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lol...he's coming tommorow. But I could buy fabric ones and put it in (SHO's actually came with fabric rarely...O.O) and send the seats. But I know shipping wouldn't be the easiest or cheapest. But hey, anything toward Night Fury!
Nah, I was going for the leather cushions, since I already have cloth. I like leather and not to mention I have read that these seats really keep you in (when erratic driving is fun or necessary) :D And yeah I know about shipping, I was looking at buying leather seats from another Taurus owner in Chicago. I'm hoping it will be a lot less since you're A LOT closer... :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm, where are u? and since this a 1st, isnt UPS the best shipping? last, whats that other guy asking, i bet ur right, i could knock it down, but if i sell em, i am gonna put fabric in my car so it still can have buyers look at it. and hopefully money to Night Fury too...:p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alright, as you know my SHO is my baby...but with this wreck, they gave me the price for the suspension and brake fix, but that excluded body work (which would be about 2 grand more alone...!) So...I'm parting out parts of this 1 toward my new 1 I have my eyes on. Definetely a good 1 ;)
So help QuinnSHO achieve his new SHO.
Parts offered:
Most everything. Rims, bumpers, spoiler, trunk lid, everything. (Has magnaflow exhaust and some SWEET tips!)
Excludes: Engine ITSELF (but certain parts I will sell), rear passenger door (of course...) and the 2 bad rims)

Ask for part, I will soon return with price.

Car Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com
ok i got a shopping list for you so i hope i get a package deal i have a 97 sho same color inside and out and i need
1) front driverside door panel
2)all four abs sensors
3) rear bottom seat
4) front driver seat
5) the cover in the cieling to the sunroof motor

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hate to just blow up the shopping list and stuff, but car just sold about 30 minutes ago. I now have 1000/3500 toward Night Fury. I kept the interior seats (for Vibe White unless he decides otherwise) front and rear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hate to just blow up the shopping list and stuff, but car just sold about 30 minutes ago. I now have 1000/3500 toward Night Fury. I kept the interior seats (for Vibe White unless he decides otherwise) front and rear.
Something came up and now I can't afford the seats... sorry!! :(

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
6 Participants
QuinnSHO
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing