Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put in a power antenna I had lying around that I never put into my 97 GL into my 99SE. I saw a few posts around here with pics and info about installation, but the wiring was not the same.

Does anyone know about the 4 wires coming off the antenna plug?

The black I presume is ground. The red is switched power, the pink/black is antenna power and the green is constant power.

Am I right with these combinations?

I need to know which wire on the harness coming out of the RCU is for the antenna power I can figure out the rest.

This is my harness and RCU...

Many Thanks,
Ian

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I want to put in a power antenna I had lying around that I never put into my 97 GL into my 99SE. I saw a few posts around here with pics and info about installation, but the wiring was not the same.

Does anyone know about the 4 wires coming off the antenna plug?

The black I presume is ground. The red is switched power, the pink/black is antenna power and the green is constant power.

Am I right with these combinations?

I need to know which wire on the harness coming out of the RCU is for the antenna power I can figure out the rest.

This is my harness and RCU...

Many Thanks,
Ian
[/b]
Try this link: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...l=power+antenna. I have posted some pics and instuctions in it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm a dumb ass. I removed the old antenna and installed the power antenna. Guess what, the power antenna is broken, the inner cable is no good.

That's what you get frpm a juskyard, never know if the item is any good.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
So I'm a dumb ass. I removed the old antenna and installed the power antenna. Guess what, the power antenna is broken, the inner cable is no good.

That's what you get frpm a juskyard, never know if the item is any good.
[/b]
You can get a brand new replacement mast really cheap. That's what I ended up doing. Does the motor work though?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts