Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Ford Taurus SHO. We bought a CD Changer on Ebay and installed it. It worked great for a month. I had to buy a new battery, and when we disconnected it, the CD no longer worked. It would try to engage, and give an error code of CDE1 --- so we disconnected the battery cables and reconnected it, still no CD. My husband took the changer out, and found a home made CD had ejected itself. He took it out and it worked fine outside of the trunk. When he installed it, it gave the same error code and wont work. You can hear it trying to engage but it wont play. Then it will finally say NO CD. Can you give us any guidance please.

We have also checked the fuse.:angry:

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Found this by searching a couple sites, hope it helps.

o During CD Mode, The Integrated Control Panel Display Shows CDE1

Possible Source(s):
§ Digital audio compact disc player mechanism error.

Action(s) to take:

Note:
A mechanical failure has occurred. TRY to eject magazine; this may clear the error condition. If the magazine will not eject, REPLACE digital audio compact disc player.
Power disconnect/reconnect may clear CDE1 error.

·
Registered
150 Posts
How is the changer oriented? On some models, there are mechanical "sliders" that have to be adjusted for either horizontal or vertical mounting. These are located on either end of the unit. Both have to be set for the correct installed orientation. If the unit was operating in one position successfully, but failed in another, I would suspect the mechanical orientation mechanism is incorrectly set for the intended mounting position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts