Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tons and to of work went in to it and i am giving up on her it has the fallowing for new parts

water pump not a reman
shift cable column shift
o2 sensors all four up stream and down
catalytic converter system
cv shaft passenger side
motor
tranny filter and gasket
heater core
breaks rotors front and rear
break pads front and rear
over flow jug

$700.00 firm picture is below

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Didn't I just read there may be an issue with the heads on this vehicle?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Only 77k and all that went into it? Yikes! I'm happy I unloaded mine with 118k on it, but it was very reliable for me.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
i was hoping mine was but oh well
Hyde, park it, take a break from it, analyze what you've done and what it can't be. Don't rule out a mistake on work already done, especially by others. If you have another ride, especially, take a breath. You have a beautiful car I would love to own, you love her, you're just frustrated right now. If you were closer, I'd snatch her away from you, especially at that crazy price, the body looks immaculate for a "N'oreaster". As it is, you shouldn't give up yet. I would take a look at your "can't be it" head work first, still sounds like a sealing problem somewhere to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you mention an overheating episode somewhere? Block hairline cracks @ valve areas are possible, I have read about them....

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Hyde, park it, take a break from it, analyze what you've done and what it can't be. Don't rule out a mistake on work already done, especially by others. If you have another ride, especially, take a breath. You have a beautiful car I would love to own, you love her, you're just frustrated right now. If you were closer, I'd snatch her away from you, especially at that crazy price, the body looks immaculate for a "N'oreaster". As it is, you shouldn't give up yet. I would take a look at your "can't be it" head work first, still sounds like a sealing problem somewhere to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you mention an overheating episode somewhere? Block hairline cracks @ valve areas are possible, I have read about them....
I'd consider buying it if I didn't live so far. This car has given you some really bad luck, so I can't blame you for being upset at it. My old 99 with 160,000 miles had the engine it came from the factory with. The day I went outside to drive it off to the wreckers, it had been sitting for several days in the rain. I started it and she fired right up and sounded so nice it almost made me want to reconsider ditching the car, but there was nothing left around the engine worth saving. These cars aren't that problematic, you shouldn't be on the 3rd engine job by now.

I wouldn't blame you for getting rid of it. However, I think this car should be considered more of a lemon if you did than a typical example of what these cars do.

I wasn't really around for your first engine swap. Though, I was really wondering how the first engine blew in the car, the one that it came with. Did it suffer from overheating? Maybe the car has an undetected issue causing the engine failure?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

i am looking in to buying a 2003 Ford Taurus ses tomorrow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts