Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just bought a new radio for my 1999 Ford Taurus. ive installed a couple radios before but this car is different i know all the other cars ive installed radios in they used a wiring harness and it was easy but when i went to walmart i couldnt find the right harness for my taurus. i know that whole dash part needs to be replaced bcuz of the heat and all that but i was just thinking about wiring the radio underneath the dash or in the glove box or something. is there any wiring harnesses out there for my car or do i have to buy a dash kit. thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
I had one similar on my 99 when I bought it. It didn't work very well and when I removed it I realized why, the previous owner had hacked and wire taped the whole thing into the dash wiring, while trying to use a few adapter harnesses too :D I got a stock radio and chopped the harness from the same car and spent a few hours splicing the new harness in nice and neatly. He even buggered a few of the hvac wires. It worked wonderfully after that.

Other than that I guess it would work fine. It didn't match the interior very well, the plastic looked different. It broke when I removed it too, but that might have been from me manhandling it a little. :wub: The stock one is much nicer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just bought it last night it should be here by the weeekend. i dont really care how it looks im using that dash kit just to hold my new radio and so i dont have to do much cutting of wires hah im getting a new car at the end of the school year when i graduate thats why i really dont care how it looks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts