Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Sable (Ford Taurus) and I was wondering if I should bite the bullet and put in aluminum subframe bushings? It is a daily driver and I appreciate smooth riding cars but I also appreciate a car that doesn't handle like a dog....lol I also like the fact that it will be the last set I ever put in. Any encouragement for going either way? Also if I go with the stock bushings should I put rears on the front or and the back? Rockauto only has the one side for the front. (upper I think)

I am also confused by this "recall" kit deal. Why can't I just use the bolts I already have?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
The ALSFB will help with the handling and wont produce a harsh ride since the engine mounts are not reinforced. They will will help out.

The recall kit is for the rust belt for earlier cars. If yo may have rust it might be good to put new hardware in. You can use your hardware if you want.

Sway bars can also help as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have experienced nothing but good when i went with the aluminum bushings. You will hear a bit more engine noise inside the car but nothing that turning the radio up a dot wont hide. In my experience i had no rust or anything so i could use the OE bolts. I believe the recall kit is just so you can get new hardware. Be sure to use plenty of anti seize on the bushings / bolts if you decide to go for them !

Torque is 87 ft/lbs. don't be afraid to tap on the aluminum bushings a little bit with a hammer to get the cup into the subframe. If it is too difficult however you may need to take a dremel with a sanding drum and open up the hole a bit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any ideas where a good place to get them is? Are they the same for the front and the back? The front looks different then the back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the rubber like stuff I see on SHOsource that is sold with the aluminum bushings?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
not sure. i havent done the upgrade as of yet. ill take a guess and say its part of the recall kit. survey says??????????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts