Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a short while, I'm gonna be looking for another taurus.

What I'm looking for is one JUST like mine. I need it so i can put my current on up for winter soon. And I would like it to be the same car, so I can swap parts off with no problem. For the few that have seen my car, know I need some parts. And this is the chespest way. I don't care if the parts with the scratches on it are on my winter car but, not on my summer car!!

So if anyone in the upper north esatern part of the US come across such a car please let me know. Weather it's by replying to this or emailing me or PM me.

I'm looking to spend anything less than $4000. Theirs gotta be one out their some wheres just waiting to be bought.

The car should be perfect outside, no scratches on it. Atleast not the passenger front side. And their are a bunch of other things I would like the car to have. But I aint got time to type all that <_< .

I live in NY and will travel to Ohio and Va and anything in betwen. And anything north or east of NY. Just not Canada.

Thanx for any help people :)

Dylan

B

·
0 Posts
Does it HAVE to be a Duratec? I see Toreador Red vulcans for sale all the time down here, for way less than 4k.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH YEAH.

Along with being able to change the outside and inside, being able swap parts of the motor is great also. I would like to be able to change anything on the car. Because, you never now what will break and when it will break.

If time gets short, and it's about to snow. Than I will compromise and get the valcan. I see lots of vulcans for cheap also. I also see cheap 96,97 and 99s. For some reason in my local papers classifeds, people want like 4500+ for 98's. Just my bad luck I guess.

Can't wait to get this car. Not so much to drive it or anything. But being able to stop saving for it and redirect my $$ back at my car. It would be nice not to have to drive my recent car 60 miles a day for work. I would like to see the motor last a little while.

B

·
0 Posts
Makes sense when you put it that way. I'll keep my eyes open, and call you if I find anything.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Try looking in Autotrader.com. I think there were two that I saw, one was in GA and the other was in NC. 98 Red with Duratec.

The other thing with the paper is to call them and see how low they're willing to go. I once bought a car for $2000 when the guy was asking for $4000. It had high milage and a rebuilt engine that he thought was worth a lot more than it really was. You never know til you call and see what their situation is. The trick is to find out if they're a motivated seller and if they're smart, they won't reveal it, but if you do find out, you could swing something.

Personally I think you're just better off fixing the car if it breaks and to suck up the high milage than having $4000 sunk into a car that will just depreciate with time plus the cost of insurance/registration/taxes on a 2nd car.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by HenrySel@Sep 1 2004, 12:20 AM
Try looking in Autotrader.com. I think there were two that I saw, one was in GA and the other was in NC. 98 Red with Duratec.

The other thing with the paper is to call them and see how low they're willing to go. I once bought a car for $2000 when the guy was asking for $4000. It had high milage and a rebuilt engine that he thought was worth a lot more than it really was. You never know til you call and see what their situation is. The trick is to find out if they're a motivated seller and if they're smart, they won't reveal it, but if you do find out, you could swing something.

Personally I think you're just better off fixing the car if it breaks and to suck up the high milage than having $4000 sunk into a car that will just depreciate with time plus the cost of insurance/registration/taxes on a 2nd car.
I'll take a lok at the Autotrader.com and see what they got. I'll go to NC if the price is right and they have the car i want.

Having the $4000 winter rat car (hopefuly it wont cost $4000) saves me from having to take off my brake kit and wheels. It's not good to take this stuff off unless you put new ones on when you put them back on. And I'm not gonna buy a big brake kit ever year. Plus in the winter time, people are more like to wreck and i don't want my custom headlights ruined by some idiot, even if it is me. PLus I can take off the bad parts on my car and swap them over to the winter car.

Thanx again for the help though Bob and Henry

Dylan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts