Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Are you looking for advice on mods? Looking for someone selling their modifications? :unsure:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, just anybody near Atlanta that has a Taurus. And wanted to meet up. I have a 98 se Vulcan , and wanted to talk about mods I can do.Y friends scrapping his 2003 ses and I'm taking the RCU and speakers out and putting them into my bull.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
If you want to drive your car for a long time I would say put an auxiliary transmission cooler in your car. That was my first mod back in 2002 and I still drive my car with original tranny with over 200k B)
Speakers from the 03 into your bull are not worthed unless yours are blown. (same factory crap) :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice! He has the mach audio set up and i have stock haha just lookin for re bass until I have money for a sub set up. Lol have you taken off your intake silencer yet?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well why take out the intake silencer? just to make it louder? or would it just be a little more louder?

P.S. other mods, heated mirrors, auto dimming mirror, tweeters, all the fun stuff!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Well why take out the intake silencer? just to make it louder? or would it just be a little more louder?

P.S. other mods, heated mirrors, auto dimming mirror, tweeters, all the fun stuff!
Just a little bit louder.. a 3" CAI intake is loudest.. but a pain in the ass, and not worth the money. ;)

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
You can achieve the same thing by porterizing the intake (look on v8.com for info) and is cheaper. Put a K&N panel filter and drilled a few holes in the lower part of the box if you want a little more sound out of the intake.

In my cool mods list I have Signal mirrors,custom HID fog lights,Reverse Indiglo gauges, cd changer in the center console, LCD alarm with remote start and many more. :D

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Clear corners are a cool mod..swanny09 has a pair. If you do not know what they are...they replace the front amber lenses from the marker lights. all you need is some amber bulbs and you're all set. PM him and make an offer on the lenses.
you can view them in Coneynews garage mods..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just a little bit louder.. a 3" CAI intake is loudest.. but a pain in the ass, and not worth the money. ;)

YouTube - 3.0L OHV Vulcan CAI
I dont think the 3" intake was a pita, but yes, it wasnt worth the money. (your version fits well on a gen 4 :) )

my other mods and ideas : new head unit, new interior speakers, subwoofer, centenial headlights (I dont know if anyone has tried it on a gen 3), tweeters (definatly get them from your friend), sound deadening, 3" intake, I've been told flowmaster 40's sound wonderful on our cars, tranny cooler, big 3, and there are plently of suspension upgrades out there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I dont think the 3" intake was a pita, but yes, it wasnt worth the money. (your version fits well on a gen 4 :) )

my other mods and ideas : new head unit, new interior speakers, subwoofer, centenial headlights (I dont know if anyone has tried it on a gen 3), tweeters (definatly get them from your friend), sound deadening, 3" intake, I've been told flowmaster 40's sound wonderful on our cars, tranny cooler, big 3, and there are plently of suspension upgrades out there.
3in intake? how in the world is that done? and big 3? care to elaborate?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts