Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an issue with my 1998 Sable, unemployed so hoping it is something i can fix, but for once, i have no idea where to start.
about a month ago, i started having starting issues, the car would start fine sometimes, and then at times, i would shut if off and it would not start again, it would turn over strong, but not start, we would get a jump and it would start and run fine. So i assumed maybe it was the battery, we took it and had it checked, they said the negative terminal was loose, put on a new one and for a few weeks i once again had no problems, then the same thing started happening again, So i took it back to where i got the battery, they tested it AGAIN and said, it may be the alternator, i do not think so, since it seems to turn over well.
Anyway, the first guy again tightened up the negative terminal and after my car would not start at ALL, so they went ahead and put in a new battery, still no start, finally someone opened the fuse box under the hood, did something with one of the relays, and it started, we drove home, shut it off, and it has not started since, not with a jump, not on its own, BUT it still turns over fine.
Any ideas on what this could possibly be? when i was getting a jump to see if we could start it, i did notice that the negative terminal was STILL loose, where the 2 wires went into the connector i could loosen the bolts with my fingers, and one of the 2 wires was not in the terminal at all anymore, this is how loose it had become, i fixed that, hoping.. that would solve my issue, but it didnt.
ANY ideas on where to start would be great, i can not take it anywhere, as it does not start, Thanks!

Watch Tower Heist Online for Free

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Thinking outside of the box here...when was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

A clogged filter may give you your intermittent behavior.

Monsoon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts