Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
New to the forum so please forgive (and correct) if I'm not following proper protocol. I have a 1998 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 EFI; it runs great, no real issues starting no rough idle. I've recently changed the O2 sensors and the crank and camshaft sensors. I'm getting the P0340 (Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Bank 1 or Single Sensor) and P1309 (Misfire Mon Hdwr-CMP Misaligned, CKP/CMP Noise, PCM AICE Chip). I have no issues driving, starting or running. My smog extension is up next Tuesday and I can't get it done because of the "Check Engine Soon" light. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I love this car, it was a gift from my Uncle who has since passed and I'd love to keep it running as long as possible.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just replacing the CMP sensor at the top of the synchronizer cannot lead to a misalignment. If you replaced the whole synchronizer then perhaps the synchronizer is one tooth off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why did you replace those sensors? Was this problem apparent before that?
I had the check engine light come on just before smog was due. I changed the O2 Sensors and the other codes listed a few things to do; two of which were the cam/crankshaft sensor. I'm worried that it's the cable harness...I'm not very good with electrical.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just replacing the CMP sensor at the top of the synchronizer cannot lead to a misalignment. If you replaced the whole synchronizer then perhaps the synchronizer is one tooth off.
I don't see a sensor at the top and I cant find a good engine schematic for my car. I changes the sensors on the left (passenger) side of the engine; cam on top and crank down below. Do you have any idea where I can find good drawing for my car?

·
Registered
23,575 Posts
^+1. No cam sync on the tec. CMP sensor is on the pass. end of the front bank (#2). CKP sensor is down near the crank pulley.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts