Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hoping someone can help me out on this one. I removed the intake plenum to change plugs, plug wires and coil pack. I also put in a new pcv valve. I also tried to remove the hard pipe (steel) that goes from the pcv to the oil seperator. After pulling the 10mm nut off that holds the pipe secure, I could'nt pull the pipe out. I twisted and wiggled it to no avail.

Well I put everything back together and started the car up. It now has a huge vacuum leak that I cant find even though you can clearly hear it a mile away. I can keep the car running but will stumble and die at idle.

Im thinking when I tried to get that pipe off I might have ruined what ever connection is at the oil seperator. Does that sound possible? Anything else I should be looking at?

Anyone know what connects that pipe to the seperator? Is it a rubber grommit or rubber hose? Its burried in there and I cant see it.
Looks like I will have to tear everything back apart to change that thing if I can get it off:angry:
Id sure appreciate you folks input on this, I definately need some help.
Thanks.

·
Registered
23,351 Posts
Dunno. Never messed with it past the pcv valve. Did you inspect/replace the u-shaped hose atop the pcv valve to the manifold? Common failure item. And the straight vac. hose right next to the pcv? And all the vac. conns. on the rear of the manifold? And the vac. manifold box on drivers firewall above the brake booster?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update-- I pulled everything back apart and got that line off of the oil seperator. It took nearly all the strength I had to pull it off. The pipe has a short piece of rubber hose clamped to the end. This hose just slips over the barbed fitting of the oil seperator.
That rubber hose was split big time and was causing my vacuum leak.
Thanks Sheila for replying.

·
Registered
23,351 Posts
So theres rubber hose at ea. end of the metal pipe running to the oil separator? Band -clamped at ea. end? Is the 10mm nut located near the center of the pipe for stabilization purposes only?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts