Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Ford Taurus GL.
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, gentlemen, here again.
I installed the sensor; I did tests before starting the car to be clear about the wire that would go to the needle. I started the car, let it warm up for 10 minutes and nothing happened. The problem of not detecting the temperature remains the same.
Please note that I have not set the thermostat. I also notice that the fans are direct, which delays the heating point of the car.
Anyway, I await some advice from you. I don't know what to think because the wiring is simple and I don't understand where the problem could be.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Did you test the sender like you did before? You said you measured 738 ohms when cold, which is pretty far off the 275 ohms it should be (going down to 20 ohms at operating temperature).

You do not have someone with an OBD-II scantool to check the real temperature measured by the sensor (the other one with the grey connector)?

·
Registered
97 Ford Taurus GL.
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Did you test the sender like you did before? You said you measured 738 ohms when cold, which is pretty far off the 275 ohms it should be (going down to 20 ohms at operating temperature).

You do not have someone with an OBD-II scantool to check the real temperature measured by the sensor (the other one with the grey connector)?
In fact, I forgot my multimeter at home; Right now I'm at work. I have abused because I have sneaked to do that test. :whistle:
Then, when I came home I'll test sensor measuring in hot mode.

·
Registered
260 Posts
And for completeness: the Red/White wire should be connected to the left terminal in the picture I send before, so to the right pin of the sender if you have the clip on top. At least that is how it is attached in my 2000 Vulcan.

·
Registered
97 Ford Taurus GL.
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes sir. In the attached image you can see in detail the arrangement of the cables. I am feeling very confused because I still don't understand this situation. Then I will take it to a workshop so that they can diagnose me with the scanner and have the list of errors that it could throw up.
wires.jpg

·
Registered
97 Ford Taurus GL.
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
By the way, I mentioned that fans are directly on with ACC. I supposed fans must run when coolant get 88 degrees or over.

·
Registered
97 Ford Taurus GL.
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Good day, everyone.
Here to say that I have couldn't solve my problem of temperature sender. I solved about fans directly power on on ACC; it was the temperature sensor. It was changed and that was all.
I'm going to ask to an electrician do the work about sender problem.

Thanks a lot, buddies.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts