Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys. First off this is my first post here at TCCA.

Second off I have the wierdest problem that I have no clue how to fix. I believe its a bad radio. But Ill let you decide. I have a 1997 Taurus GL. Well my problem is, When I turn the key to accessory (front or back Postitions) my stock radio will not come on what so ever. It acts like its not getting any power what so ever. Well I noticed a few other features didnt work so I replaced my accy delay relay. No avail. It just make some other accys that didnt work before, well, it made them work. lol. But the radio still didnt work. So I went and bought a new ignition switch. Once again, it made my ignition better in some ways. But the radio still doesnt work. Ive checked all the fuses under the hood, and inside the car. Ive pulled the stock radio out and checked all harnesses and wires. All harnesses are secure and no wires are split, cracked, seared, charred, etc.....I dont know what could be the problem. Any help on how to make my radio work in accy would be fantastic. Thanks alot in advance for the help people.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the car is running it works perfectly. And it works with the car off and the key in the RUN position. But not in accy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i just pulled up the carpet in the trunk. And I checked the "Brain" as some call it. And the connections looked nice and clean. And the harnesses were clicked firmly in place. So bad radio?

·
Registered
23,577 Posts
If you have access to a self service salvage yard, take your 2 din keys (radio removal tools) and yank one for about $20+.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well ive got a good suspicion that its not the Reciever in the dash. I think its the RCU as stated before.

·
Registered
294 Posts
yeah its probably the rcu itself not the connections. the radio is just a control unit for the rcu basically. if the rcu doesnt work, neither does the radio. so you should probably just get a new rcu and try that out, if it still doesnt work, then get a new radio, then you got both new things and it should work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok.....Im about to pull my hair out. As stated before Ive replaced the following.

Fuses,
Ignition Switch,
Accessory Delay Relay,
Radio (3 Different ones from three different cars)
RCU (Once again, 3 Different ones from three different cars.)

I Checked the Wires, Connections, And harnesses. All check out just fine. And whats really baffling me is the fact that I replaced the RCU and Radio in my buddys taurus with the same ones all listed above and they all work perfectly in his taurus. But once I hook it all up in my car...Nothing....Any ideas at all as to what else it could be?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts