Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 1997 Ford Taurus Gl and I am trying to install an Alpine CDE-121 stereo. I ordered the Scosche stereo adapter and everything fits fine. The speaker wire harness Scosche provides doesn't seem to fit the back of my Alpine. But that's not a big deal, I can just use the alpine harness and crimp. I have been able to locate the important wires off of the factory radio harness (battery, ignition, illumination, and ground) but I can't find the 8 speaker wires on the factory harness. I have looked over as many wiring diagrams as I could find and none of the wire colors seemed to match mine. I made a diagram to better illustrate my problem. The boxes where there are ? could potentially be a speaker or something else. Please help me locate the speaker wires on the factory stereo harness!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this wiring diagram and I was able to confirm that the rear speaker wires match up color-wise with my car just by looking in the trunk. But I can't find any of those colors on the factory radio harness. So at some point down the line they change color? Very strange and confusing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically the Scosche adapter kit assumes you want to rewire the speakers and I don't. I want to use the factory speakers and factory speaker wires, but don't know their colors codes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You should leave the harness in the dash alone. The panel isn't the stereo, just a controller and input device.

Run the very long harness included with your kit back to the RCU. Pull the speaker/power plug from the RCU and connect it to the mating connector on your new harness. You now have everything you need. The only wiring you will have to do is to connect the Alpine harness to the Scosche harness.

Don't forget the antenna extension as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts