Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i had 2 stored codes P0102 and p1504 before, changed with a duralst MAF and a bought a new motorcraft IAC from the ford dealer its only 2 months old,, it was running fine for about 2 months the codes were cleared, now the car has a random misfire at idle no hesitation , lots of power on the hiway and the same stored P1504 code came back ,, i did a complete tune up with motorcraft ,, plugs ,,coil,, spark plug wires,, cleaned the ground on the firewall ,, new alternator and battery, new motorcraft TPS, cleaned my throttle body, new motocraft PCV valve and u shaped hose, i dont know what the p1504 code is or what to do or start with, just praying its not the pcm

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
i had 2 stored codes P0102 and p1504 before, changed with a duralst MAF and a bought a new motorcraft IAC from the ford dealer its only 2 months old,, it was running fine for about 2 months the codes were cleared, now the car has a random misfire at idle no hesitation , lots of power on the hiway and the same stored P1504 code came back ,, i did a complete tune up with motorcraft ,, plugs ,,coil,, spark plug wires,, cleaned the ground on the firewall ,, new alternator and battery, new motorcraft TPS, cleaned my throttle body, new motocraft PCV valve and u shaped hose, i dont know what the p1504 code is or what to do or start with, just praying its not the pcm
Ford DTC Code: P1504
Code Meaning: Intake Air Control Circuit Malfunction

Symptoms:

• Service Engine Soon Light illuminates
  • Rough idle
  • Pulsing idle
  • Hard cold start
Causes:

• Idle Air Control Valve harness is damaged
  • Idle Air Control Valve circuit has a bad electrical connection
  • Idle Air Control Valve is faulty
Copy and paste from internet. You can do a search on any code and get lots of info. Took me less than 60 seconds.
Causes are listed in most likely to be the issue.
Best of luck.
-chart-

·
Registered
23,357 Posts
Fwiw, if you want to replace the iac elec. conn. (pigtail), and can't find 1 at a pick-n-pull jy, Rockauto.com has a choice of 3 ranging from $8-16.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just for giggles, unplug the MAF. Clear dtcs, n check codes again n see if the 1504 is still there. PCM ought to substitute a value for MAF. Ford did use a diode in some models for the IAC, in the wiring loom, in this year range, later models it was built into the IAC. Your P1504 is talking about reference voltage to the MAF and IAC, its the lower voltage sent to the sensors by the PCM. If you still have the old MAF and IAC, and a scan tool, I'd plug the old maf in, no need to install, and run koeo. I'm always skeptical of aftermarket parts

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
^^^^^ Agree 100%

I would trust a Motorcraft MAF from the junk yard before I would trust a no name cheapo MAF from any discount parts store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts