Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Ford Taurus GL, Silver Frost
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been interested in adding a hard-wired auxiliary input to my 97 bull for a while. Lately a cheap $20 bluetooth radio transmitter has done the job, but there are a few problems I have had with it. I've done some reading and I found a good write-up here. However, it says that "the cassette or CD player needs to be functional for this mod to work." The problem is, my car doesn't have a disc changer anymore, but my radio is equipped for it. I want to replace the CD functionality all together, since I can't use CDs anyway, but this write-up seems to suggest I can't do that. I was hoping to preserve the cassette player functionality, as it works and I want the option to use it. Is there any way to perhaps "trick" the radio into thinking a CD is playing for this mod to work, or is this just a pipe dream? If this is a dumb question I'm sorry, I'm a high school student trying to make the best out of his first car. I would prefer not to have to install a new DIN radio and ICP panel to have this functionality.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Since the tape player works, a cassette adapter might be the cheapest and quickest option. And much better clarity than a transmitter.

·
Registered
1997 Ford Taurus GL, Silver Frost
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the tape player works, a cassette adapter might be the cheapest and quickest option. And much better clarity than a transmitter.
I got one but it began failing on me, or rather was incompatible with my phone. For whatever reason, when plugged in, the volume would fluctuate on my phone and Google assistant would come up and interrupt my music, as if I was pressing buttons on a pair of headphones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts