Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have a link to a good write up (preferably with pictures) on how to repair a power antenna? i have the parts kit just wanted to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thanks!
David

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Are you just replacing it or taking it apart and repairing it?

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
When I did mine I took apart the unit, removed the broken plastic pieces, had a replacement antenna in hand (got one of eBay), had someone turn on the radio then off, when the motor was running I fed the plastic cable in. It will stop when it's fully retracted. BINGO.. new antenna!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you have any trouble removing the old antenna? from what I understand when i removed the nut on the outside of the car and the plastic shroud it should pull right out as the motor is running but my seems to be seized.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i removed the body of the antenna from the car, opened it up and found the plastic teeth tape from the mast was coiled perfectly but broke clean. took it out no loose pieces and the sprocket teeth were in perfect shape. the problem is that the mast will still not pull out. is it threaded or something wierd?

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Don't think so maybe it's just stuck, you might try some lithium grease or wd-40 on it, let it set a few and try again, it should come out clean.
If it gives you too much trouble it might be a good idea to go to your local yard and get another motor unit, it might even have a good antenna too!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts