Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some problems with the anti theft system in my 97 sho and I hope you guys can help. It seams to just go off randomly, mostly at night, after the car is off and keys out of the car. It will happen whether the car is locked or unlocked and this is starting to really get annoying to me and my neighbors. I can get the alarm to stop if i get in and put the key in the ignition. I have also gotten a random door open light and recently the dome lights went on and I had to pull the fuse to get them out. So I think that it is a door switch somewhere but I don't have the time to diagnose everything right now. What I need is a way to disable the alarm from going off until I can track down the bad switch?

The only way right now that I can be sure that it won't go off at night is to disconnect the battery, but I can't do that at work during the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated, by me and my neighborhood.
Thanks.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
For starters, i would liberally spray ea. door latch with wd-40 (trunk latch, too). Then, if equipped, i would unplug the plunger switch underhood drivers side fender between battery and strut tower.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already sprayed the door latches last night. I did not see any switch in the trunk that would be causing this but I will spray those tonight. I saw the hood switch, will unplugging the switch set off the alarm, or can I leave it unhooked without any problems.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts