Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on my 1997 Taurus, 3.0 Vulcan, trying to resolve an overheating issue and cleaning out all the crud that's accumulated throughout the whole cooling system and I noticed I have some small pin holes in the tube that comes off of the lower intake manifold just prior to the thermostat. This tube has two sensors attached to it and then the hose going to the heater core is attached to the end of it. The pin holes are in the piece where the heater core hose attaches. So far, the clamp and hose have kept those holes from leaking anything but my assumption is that the whole tube is probably shot and could just snap off if it has rusted enough to have holes through it.

I'm trying to figure out what this part is called, and more specifically a part number or link to purchase it. Or maybe a confirmation of a post I saw on "Just Answer" that says this tube is considered part of the lower intake manifold and replacing it would require replacing the whole manifold. This tube appears to just screw into the manifold and not be integrated into it.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,038 Posts
Maybe head to the local JY and see if you can find a pipe in better condition?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I purchased this part recently from local dealer for my 97 w/3.0 vulcan. Go to your local dealer and they will have it or can order for you. No aftermarket version available, only OEM. It is pressed on, not threaded. If you need part number just let me know and I will locate receipt.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased this part recently from local dealer for my 97 w/3.0 vulcan. Go to your local dealer and they will have it or can order for you. No aftermarket version available, only OEM. It is pressed on, not threaded. If you need part number just let me know and I will locate receipt.
Yeah listen to this guy, they changed it slightly enough in the newer models but those take the idiot expensive dealer ones. You might be able to find one cheaper online but either way it takes OEM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts