Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 taurus with windshield wipers that won't park. No matter what position they are shut off in they stop towards the bottom of windshield. When they are shut off you can push them down to the park position with no resistance. Other than this they work as they should. Anyone know whats wrong? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Welcome to TCCA.

Have the wipers recently been worked on, or had the wiper arms replaced, or been operated when the windshield was iced up, or covered with heavy snow????

·
Registered
81 Posts
i too have a 95 with wiper issues... had something replaced once (for free!) by the mechanic i bought the car from, and that fixed it. started having the same problem again just a month ago, where the wipers like to park at the top of the stroke instead of properly.

the solution ive found? i set the wipers into the first (lowest) speed, and the wipers must complete their cycle and come back to the bottom. once i turn it off there, they park properly. but if i just use the spray or turn them off in a higher speed, they park where ever they want to.

give it a shot... maybe it'll help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to TCCA.

Have the wipers recently been worked on, or had the wiper arms replaced, or been operated when the windshield was iced up, or covered with heavy snow????
[/b]

The car is parked in the carport so it doesn't get much more than a dusting of snow. She said now sometimes it stops at the far left on the windshield when she turns them off.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Sounds like it's time to replace the wiper motor assy, unless you want to open it up & fiddle with the internal workings & if any of them are out of whack, you'd likely be hard pressed to come by any needed replacement parts.

·
Super Moderator
8,428 Posts
^^^^^^^^ +1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts