Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 1995 Taurus GL Wagon. Need to remove the two roof rack crossbars. How is it done? Thank you

·
Registered
142 Posts
Remove them for what reason and do you need to re-install them? I know they slide for position, but I can't recall if they come off easily. Have you been through the owner's manual (if you have one)?

·
Registered
10,764 Posts
Remove them for what reason and do you need to re-install them? I know they slide for position, but I can't recall if they come off easily. Have you been through the owner's manual (if you have one)?
I have '03 but daughter is borrowing it so nothing to look. But wonder, since they slide for/back if they slide off one end with a stop removed. Just thinking.
-chart-

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have a 1995 Taurus GL Wagon. Need to remove the two roof rack crossbars. How is it done? Thank you
There are a number of youtube videos on how to install a roof rack and/or crossbars. Removal is the opposite on installation and the pieces would be similar between manufactures.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Quick glance at mine. There are two Torx screws on each side or the front bar that lock it into the tracks. Those might release the whole front bar. The back bar slides and has clamps. With the clamps loosened, the whole assembly lifts a bit, but I'm not sure if can be worked off or not.

Both bars have screws underneath that hold the bars to the brackets, so they might release the bars.

I haven't gotten into the Owner's manual yet, but it might be something for the service manual.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Assuming it's a Gen 4, here's my post:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts