Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The turns signals, auto door lock, dome light are not working properly.
The locks do not auto lock when the the car is put into gear, the courtesy light will not go off when the ignition switch is turned on, the turn signals will not work. How do you fix? Is the multifunction switch what connects all of these? If not what does? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Welcome to the club!

The door locks and dome light are not linked to the MFS. About the courtesy lights, is the dimmer dial up all the way? That causes the lights to be on all the time. Were the autolocks working before? What's wrong with the turn signals?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything started at once, the doors did work until this week, the automatic door locks quit locking the turn signals quit working at the same time. Also the courtesy light quit working properly at the same time. The courtesy light comes on when the door is opened. When I start the car the light used to go off but now it stays on for a while and I can not make it go off. It does go off about 45 seconds after I start the car. The turn signals will come on in the front only but not blink when the high beams are on. The turn signals on the back will not come on at all. The brake lights work, hazards work and headlights work. The turn signals do not light up on the dashboard either. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The turn signal problem is most likely a problem with the multi-function switch (MFS). I would say replace that. It shouldn't be too hard.

There's a little button near the door jamb that turns the lights off when you close the door. Spray some WD-40 on it and see if that fixes teh lights.

I'm not sure about the automatic door locks, but someone else could probably hel you on that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all three problems started at the exact same time. The light is supposed to automatically come on and stay on for a little bit when you open the door. But when you start the car it is supposed to go off. It will not go off when you start the car......... So how are these three problems related........

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It could be coincidence that it all happened at the same time. Did you spray some WD-40 on the door jamb button yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WD-40 didn't work for the light. I replaced the multi-function switch and that didn't work either. I have an extra now if anyone needs it. Any other ideas? The flasher and the fuses are all good. Not sure what else to check for the turn signals. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I'm running out of solutions. Try unhooking the battery for half an hour and hooking it back up and see if that works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I unhooked the battery for 30 minutes and then reconnected it and still no turn signals. Now what? Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it. I have looked everywhere I could think of on the web to find the answer with no luck.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Did anything else get fixed? Maybe a bulb is burned out. But that would make it flash faster. But it wouldn't if there was a electronic flasher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts