Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new to these cars, and i've tried searching and apparently don't know the correct terms to find the info i need. i'm working on the a/c of a 1995 with the 3.0 in it, bought a new compressor, accumulator with lines, and orifice tube. the question i have is where does the orifice tube go? everything i'm reading just says on the small line between the condensor and evaporator. i've already got the accumulator and old line out, and i've searched the pressure line from the firewall to the manifold for the compressor and to the condensor coil. i'm not seeing anywhere it should go. there's a non-quick disconnect at the firewall, then nothing but compressed fittings between hose and hardline from then on till you get to the condensor where another annoying non-quick disconnect fitting is. then a couple wierd housings by the compressor manifold. nothing looks like it comes apart to put this thing in.

if anyones got a picture of where it goes that'd be great, or at least a very detailed description. thanks for your time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure about 95, in 93 orifice tube was located inside a liquid line, closer to condensor end. Liquid line was a small diameter metal-rubber line between lower port of evaporator and lower port of condensor. It was connected to evaporator and condensor with a spring-lock couplers (similar to used in fuel line).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (AlexKlm @ Jul 19 2009, 04:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=740603
Not sure about 95, in 93 orifice tube was located inside a liquid line, closer to condensor end. Liquid line was a small diameter metal-rubber line between lower port of evaporator and lower port of condensor. It was connected to evaporator and condensor with a spring-lock couplers (similar to used in fuel line).[/b]
as in take apart more of those stupid connectors and it might be in one lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts