Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the factory tape deck with the change drawer and cup holders. I want to put in the factory cd player that came with the cars. I guess what type of wires or connectors i need to combine them together. Or does my factory system come with this.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have the factory tape deck with the change drawer and cup holders. I want to put in the factory cd player that came with the cars. I guess what type of wires or connectors i need to combine them together. Or does my factory system come with this.
Go to your local parts store, I think Walmart has them, too. You need the dash install kit that they should carry (reference images here Parts for 1995 FORD TAURUS 4DR SDN WGN GL L LX SHO - photos, charts and more) as well as the wiring harness from the same store, the staff should be able to connect the two ideas together, but just in case, remind them it's for the same application. Before you pay for it, read the back of the package until you see your year & model. Sorry if I seem bitter, but I've dealt with my fair share of idiot retail workers.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The JBL/Premium Sound Stereo package had the availability of a CD player. You need to have the proper amplifier in the back as well as the special harness and tape deck up front. Junkyards would be a good place to grab these...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Go visit a junkyard, and pull one without the JBL sound system, just the cd player. I thought the 2'nd gen had the cd player option, without the JBL amplified system. I thought they both sounded crappy compaired to other makes sound systems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go visit a junkyard, and pull one without the JBL sound system, just the cd player. I thought the 2'nd gen had the cd player option, without the JBL amplified system. I thought they both sounded crappy compaired to other makes sound systems.
Yea the junkyard is where im thinking. It doesnt need to sound superior or anything. Just would be nice to listen to some tunes on the cd player. So i dont need the tape deck as well as the cd player from the junkyard car. Also where can i get ahold of that special key to take these items out.

Ben

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
As far as I know, if you don't have the Premium sound system installed stock you can't have the slave CD player work. (The low-end radio doesn't have the right connector on the back.)

You would have to pull the entire left-side harness as well as the shielded amplifier wire along the right side of the car in order to get the amplified Premium system to work out. (I pulled all of the needed components for a wagon, and they sit in my closet because I found it to not be worth the trouble. Besides, HD radio is pretty cool...)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as I know, if you don't have the Premium sound system installed stock you can't have the slave CD player work. (The low-end radio doesn't have the right connector on the back.)

You would have to pull the entire left-side harness as well as the shielded amplifier wire along the right side of the car in order to get the amplified Premium system to work out. (I pulled all of the needed components for a wagon, and they sit in my closet because I found it to not be worth the trouble. Besides, HD radio is pretty cool...)
I guess im getting this from. When i had a 99 chevy malibu it only had a tape deck. I bought a bose factory delco cd player from ebay and it just plugged in and worked. If i take the premium tape deck and cd player from a junkyard car it will not work. Or can i take a regular tapedeck and cdplayer from a junkyard car and will that plug into my factory wireing. Honestly i could get a cd player put in for 100 bucks but a junkyard one is only 30.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The premium tape deck uses a different wiring harness than the standard tape deck. Just buy a cheap aftermarket CD player. I'm pretty sure any brand-new low-end no-name CD player will be more reliable and sound better than a 15 year old factory CD player.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
The premium tape deck uses a different wiring harness than the standard tape deck. Just buy a cheap aftermarket CD player. I'm pretty sure any brand-new low-end no-name CD player will be more reliable and sound better than a 15 year old factory CD player.
+1, but you will definitely never be able to hook a stock slave cd player to the base radio. Your other options are an aftermarket cd changer or a tape adapter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts