Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to rebuild my 1995 AX4N, taken from a 95 Taurus. Car is doing great other than the transmission, plus I have done everything else on cars, so I want to learn with the transmission.

I have the FSM and the ATSG, and I am curious about what special tools people have used and found necessary, in particular the seal removers.

I am planning on getting the following:

- Clutch compressor.
- Lip seal installers (I would like to get a kit, but cannot find one so far. I have seen people use plastic sheets with success instead of the special tool, in case I cannot find them).

Also, if someone can recommend a good automatic transmission parts shop around Austin, TX, I would be very appreciative. Lots of parts can be found online, but not all of them.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
179 Posts
up here in the DFW we have a place called transmission masters, i dont know if they're down there but they have/can locate anything you need... they did all the tranny work on my 97

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I will look it up. Also, I guess I should be able to go to a Ford dealership to get the parts. Not sure why I did not think of that one before!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the links, I had most of them but not all, so I appreciate that very much.

I already have the Ford Service Manual, but thank you for the offer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
someone said on here a few days ago, dealer charges $100 just to breathe their air... the wanted $75 for the 12v outlet (ciggarette lighter) i just left... and it still doesnt work...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear that. I had good experience with dealers (including getting discounts), but sadly not with Ford dealers. They would be my last resort. Also, it seems a lot of the automatic transmission parts company want to sell to businesses and not to the "end users".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts