Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if i can just put a universal automatic trans button knob on my taurus shift shaft......they say discontinued at the local dealers and this ones button has broken free inside...i have it gorilla taped in place but i'm concerned that it is gonna wear out the selector tabs under the console,as it is kinda not depressing right the more time goes by.....or a link to where i can buy the right o.e.m part

the ones i see online dont say they fit 1994 taurus gl..or even taurus at all...they just say fits ford ect.....

thanks Craig....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also ...i'm super new to this ford taurus forum and i am not sure how to ask for help...i know over at a kawasaki forum i frequent, some folks get peeved when a new member needs a question answered right away...kinda showing up with the hand out and all.....

I guess that is how it is everywhere..lol...we anwer a lot of stuff and away they go...but some do stick around and add to the crazy times..anyways..the car was inherited and only has 38000 miles on it, it is a time capsule and i am digging the 3.8 motor taking up to speed with no surge or g force,...it just smoothly gets flying....my honda civic seems like an MG midgit after driving the taurus......i detailed it out and it looks brand new almost...

anyways...lemme know if you think i should post this in another thread or am in the wrong place...thanks again.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's the floor shifter..i just went out and pried the c-clip out of the hidden knob grove and the knob and rubber shaft trim pulled straight off together...exposing a metal shaft and white abs type button...which shifts okay now compared to the gorilla tape masterpiece i made..lol...i could see it wearing my thumb out though, and it is way ghetto but i can drive it for now without forcing it to shift into park and reverse....there are some junkyards about a hour away and we may take a putt later this week to make it sano....i'm gonna try the universal to save time and if not they will let me return it at the auto idiots store.......thanks for the reply..i never changed a shift knob,,,which makes me doorknob...peace...craig

p.s if anyone has one they wanna sell i'm game...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts