Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 Ford Taurus GL 3.0 I need to repair a couple of old CCRMs. Reman lasts 6 months, new lasts over a year or more. Either way, they all cost a lot of money. I know what the problem is but I do not know what relay controls what. ( I do know that there is one each for the rad. fans, PCM power or input, fuel pump and A/C. I need to add a relay externally but do not know the wiring. This one has the PCM relay failure. The other two have the fuel pump relay failure. I now have another with the PCM relay failure. This car has 332,000 mile on it, and with this problem and two front wheel bearing and both CV joints changed being the only repairs (other than routine and a headlight switch broke off by mad fingers) EVER made to this car, I would like to see it to its end and give it a proper burial when that time comes. But that time is not now. IF anyone can help me out with a PINOUT of the CCRM, a Diagram, hand written or otherwise, of the internal relays and what they are for, I will show my appreciation by visiting this site and offering my advice on your issues. No, if's, if I do not have the answer I will try to lead you to a solution but will not say"this it it" unless I know for certain. Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
8,218 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Jeff K @ Mar 26 2009, 10:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712395
Check this out: http://www.turbotbird.com/techinfo/New_IRCM/IRCM.html

The wiring diargams are only correct for the "J" box.[/b]
Awesome. Seems I should do this the right way, and replace the relay. No problem with the expertise. But, on the other hand, my original intent was to jumper around the box and professionally mount a relay, completely by passing the box, then as a second thought, tying a relay to circumvent the box, yet leaving the original wiring intact and plugged into the box (CCRM), just as a safeguard if I misunderstood the diagram, and ended up "de" wiring critical components by just cutting the wires. Now I am concerned about bypassing the resistors, capacitors etc. None in the diagram, but maybe intentionally left out for clarity. I do not want to "spike the PCM input by just wiring in a simple relay, in either of my first two intentions. You have me convinced to replace the relay on the board. And be done with it. I said this car has 332,000 miles on it. I am still amazed by that. Paint, headliner etc. are all good and car looks great. 15 years and still running. People say GM's are too simple. I like that about them. This problem has proved a challenge and I like that too. I read a post that said something about Autozone. I have to mention I went over two years with my s-10 blazer trashing the AZ fuel pumps. Now I am 3 years running on an OEM Delphi fuel pump from Carquest. I use AZ for most things but not fuel pumps anymore. When this 15 year old fuel pump goes I will get a FOMOCO fuel pump to replace it in this Taurus. Thanks again for all your help.
Jeff Orten

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff K, funny thing (I notice these things), I thought you had somehow replied to me by my name. Accidently clicked on your profile thinking it was mine. My Initials are JKO, as in Jeff Kenneth, and you were born a day before me a few years earlier. Small world. I got to get out into the rain and work on the Taurus. (Can't get it into the shop yet). Thanks again

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
If you are just replacing the relays that has been done before and just requires a bit of rewiring. The fan relays are usually 40A and the rest are 30 amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts