Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a 1994 taurus the check engine light comes on after about 3 blocks, once i get to where im going and restart the car(engines warm by then ) the light doesnt come back on. i code scanned it and it says

Pressure Feedback EGR
(PFE) sensor or EGR
Pressure Transducer (EPT)
– signal voltage higher or
lower than expected (Key
On Engine Off Self-Test...

but im not sure if thats the problem.. thanks for any help..great web site

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
That points to the system that is generating the CEL. I would start by making sure all EGR related passages (EGR valve, pressure sensors and tubes) and ports are clear of carbon clogs (old car). -Dan

·
Registered
23,575 Posts
Probably end up replacing the egr pfe (pressure) sensor. If you do, grab a borg-warner unit from advance auto or oreilly.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The PFE/DPFE sensors are common problem parts on our Fords. A Carbon clogged pressure feedback hose to the EGR valve is also common, so if it's burning oil, be sure to first check the hoses between the PFE sensor & EGR valve, before buying a new PFE sensor.
PFE = Pressure Feedback EGR. It senses the differential pressure between the intake & exhaust manafolds & it's electrical PID output to the computer helps it decide how much EGR feedback it should have the EGR valve route to the engine.

Too little EGR feedback can cause engine ping.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Disconnect the line from the exhaust to the PFE. Start engine and rev it a little and see if you can detect flow out the line, meaning it isnt plugged. If it isnt plugged, replace the PFE (gray cubed shaped box top pass side firewall).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for your help. i started checking the lines today and rescanned it and now its telling me
Transmission Oil
Temperature (TOT) sensor
– signal voltage higher or​
lower than expected:angry:
other than this the car hasnt given me a problem in all these years

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
This is a KOEO code I assume? Is the engine / tranny pretty cold, like typical north east ambient temps? If so that is likely the TFT code. Drive the car until warmed up and see if it goes away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts