Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day. A few days ago a friend of mine had her GL's autobox broken. We already know everything inside it is broken, including torque converter. However, reparing it is kind of expensive here (around USD 2500 just for the spares), so we are thinking in buying it in Miami and bring it to Colombia. Can you please help us with number part for the autobox assy?, or the model of it... it's a 3-speed..... thanks a lot for all your help.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Good day. A few days ago a friend of mine had her GL's autobox broken. We already know everything inside it is broken, including torque converter. However, reparing it is kind of expensive here (around USD 2500 just for the spares), so we are thinking in buying it in Miami and bring it to Colombia. Can you please help us with number part for the autobox assy?, or the model of it... it's a 3-speed..... thanks a lot for all your help.
So, you're in Colombia, South America? The transmission is an AX4S, I believe and you could probably order a reman online. I don't think there's a 3 speed in the 94s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Yes, I'm in Colombia. Do you think it's posible to find one in good condition in a junk yard? how big is it? how much it weights?

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Hi. Yes, I'm in Colombia. Do you think it's posible to find one in good condition in a junk yard? how big is it? how much it weights?
There's plenty in junk yards around north america, I'm not so sure about south america though. If you could find someone to ship you a used unit I guess that might work, I would consider buying a re-manufactured transmission if I was in your situation, if the used one ever broke again, you'd be just as bad off as now. I have no idea how heavy it is, but I'm guessing around 100 pounds? I'm also not quite sure how to define its physical size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts