Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was working on changing my transmission fluid one nught and somehow i broke the casting near the side pan on the tranmission i was wondering if i should spent the 100.00 dollars to get it fixed or what i should do,

don't make fun of me the pos broken on its own

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Is it affecting anything? I'm a little confised, did part of the trans casing break off where the pan seals to the trans? Pics?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Can you JB-Weld it? I've used that stuff to rebuild an aluminum Sears (Tecumseh) lawn mower engine...Worked for years w/o a problem/leaks/etc, despite the high vibration/heat/abuse that engine experienced...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it just is a small chunk no biger than ur middle finger plus i asked the guy who built the transmission what to do he said that it could be fixed for the cost of a hundred dollars, so i said ill wait and save so i still have to get someone to come haul it 24 or so miles to his shop also i think he has to take off the side cover , i got lucky cause the spot where it broke is that place it was leaking, too bad i can't find the bill, cause id set the od so i could get it free

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
try Jb weld like HokieSES said, is there anyway you can get a pic? where did it break

1 - 6 of 6 Posts