Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1993 mercury sable 3.8 l shifts really hard when slowing down or cruising at 35- 40 mph feels like it jerks really hard
also my a/c blows out hot air added refrigerant but to no aveil i still get hot air
and when i turn my car on it makes 15 to twenty loud beeps i dunno whats wrong.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Regarding the trans: Check your trans fluid level.

As for the hot air, the blend door behind the dash may not be operating correctly.

As for the beeping, any lights go on with it? Does it beep in a funny way?

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
1. Check fluid, could be low, or trans could be shot. 35-40mph is right about when it shifts from D to OD so that sounds about right.

2. Get it pressure tested, you could of added refrigerant and it could of went right out a hole in the pipe.

3. does it do it when the keys are in the ignition or just all the time regardless?

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Re: the transmission -- have you checked your engine/transmission mounts? This might be a combination of unusually hard up/down shifts plus a bad mount or two.

You check by idling, foot firmly on the brake, going from P to D, back to P, then to R, looking at how far the engine rocks. If it moves more than an inch or so, it's likely that a mount is bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked the fluids the trsnny fluid was low but now it bucks worse than ever and the ac seems to lose pressure after a few hour but fdoesnt cool the air at all replaced fuel filter and am planning on tuning up trhe tranny with a new filter car only has 65000 miles but i think its a salvaged car based on junkyard markings on some parts and it makes a loud squel whe i turn in park or at slow speed and vibrates at or between 50 and 60 mph it beeps when the key is turned in it or when i drive it for more than 30 ,imutes at a time or when driving far but no lights...i lost the keys so i had to pick the column until financial times allow for replacement and smells like gas if i run around all day and check engine light comes on sporatically at low speeds or when on steep inclines motor mounts arent bad though i checked em...

·
Registered
62 Posts
QUOTE (fearthesear @ May 23 2009, 09:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727509
i checked the fluids the trsnny fluid was low but now it bucks worse than ever and the ac seems to lose pressure after a few hour but fdoesnt cool the air at all replaced fuel filter and am planning on tuning up trhe tranny with a new filter car only has 65000 miles but i think its a salvaged car based on junkyard markings on some parts and it makes a loud squel whe i turn in park or at slow speed and vibrates at or between 50 and 60 mph it beeps when the key is turned in it or when i drive it for more than 30 ,imutes at a time or when driving far but no lights...i lost the keys so i had to pick the column until financial times allow for replacement and smells like gas if i run around all day and check engine light comes on sporatically at low speeds or when on steep inclines motor mounts arent bad though i checked em...[/b]

...."Smells like gas"? Maybe its running rich? Sounds like the car was not really cared for.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
If the car is jolting and feels like there is a loss of power, it could be the tranny temp sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (fdogg96 @ May 24 2009, 01:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727561
If the car is jolting and feels like there is a loss of power, it could be the tranny temp sensor.[/b]
how do i fix the problem?
where is it ocated on the tranny how much does the part cost....etc...
i was told it nmight be the mass air flow sensor or the throttle position sensor by a couple friends but im not sure.....

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
As for the squealing and A/C, they may be related. It could be the A/C compressor dying.

And the vibration sounds like an unbalanced wheel unless there's more to it than it sounds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ May 26 2009, 08:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728179
As for the squealing and A/C, they may be related. It could be the A/C compressor dying.

And the vibration sounds like an unbalanced wheel unless there's more to it than it sounds.[/b]
i changed the tranny filter and now it runs a lot better but i think i need a motor mount i unplugged the B/R
vacuum because it was plugged up and it runs better and doesn't kick quite as hard and doesn't die so i think i might have a vacuum leak somewhere as for the ignition bought a lock and key from autozone and fixed it....
slowly but surely oi will get it back to mint.....thanks for your help
i was wondering if anywhere on this forum is there a diagram on how to change a motor mount because it rocks really hard when i did the shift test...

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
I'm going to say that the A/C compressor is seizing, which can eventually stall an engine. Either that, or your torque converter isn't unlocking.

On the beeping/ buzzing, it's coming from your Airbag control module behind the glovebox (far right, drop the glovebox to access it, light blue in color). Either there's a low voltage condition in your car (below 12v), or the AIRBAG/ SRS light in your dashboard has died.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts